Queen of Hyrule

Zelda's POV

Villagers danced, laughed, and celebrated all throughout below us. I continued to stare into Link's blue eyes unable to understand just how much I loved him. Something within this moment, being within these once ruined castle walls, remembering all of the fear and uncertainty I felt all of those years ago roaming the castle halls. Now, standing in the same place those halls once stood, instead of uncertainty, I felt nothing but a wave of comfort, because of him. This castle never felt as my own home, but now with him by my side, after feeling his touch, I couldn't imagine calling anywhere else my home. I wanted to share this home with him, forever.

Those thoughts swirled in my head as we made our way to my old room. When we arrived at the two doors that would lead us inside, we noticed a small note attached to one of the doors.

Don't forget to look in the wardrobe!

-Bolson

I grabbed the note and looked to Link, who just replied with a shrug. So, I continued on and pushed open the doors, it was beautiful. Long, blue curtains covered each window as multiple pieces of furniture lined the walls. On the far side of the room, there was a large bed with blue and gold covers and thin curtains tied to each bed post being held back with a golden rope. In the center of the room was a massive rug with chairs and a table in the center of it. Book cases that were ready to be filled lined the opposite side of the room. Link and I both glanced around in awe, then I made eye contact with the wardrobe, remembering the note I quickly walked over. I swung open the doors and my mouth dropped.

My old royal gown hung before me. It looked mostly similar to the same one I wore all those 100 years ago, with a few differences. The shoulders were open with gold straps that would connect to the corset on the back, the blue fabric seemed to have a gold shimmer coating on it, and the golden designs were much more intricate. The bottom of the dress faded into a sheer, gold fabric. I traced my finger along the designs in awe, how did Bolson ever think to have this created? As far as I knew, he wasn't even born yet when I wore this dress a century ago. Then I thought, he may not have been present when I first wore this dress, but someone else was. I turned back to look at Link behind me, and he smiled.

"Surprise! I figured you missed some of your other royal outfits so I organized with Bolson to have this one recreated. Well, mostly recreated, my memory of this dress was fuzzy so I took some creative liberties. I'm amazed it's completed though, we weren't supposed to return for a couple more months." He rubbed the back of his neck, still holding his smile. I ran to hug him.

"Oh. Link it's incredible! How you ever put this together I will never know. Thank you so much! And don't worry, I love your creative liberties, makes me feel special." I squeezed him and he squeezed back while kissing me on the top of my golden hair. Just then, we heard more celebration come from the town below us.

"I think you should join them, they want to see their princess." He pulled away and looked towards the dress.

"Did you somehow arrange the festival too?" I looked at him placing my hands on my hips.

"No, that was a surprise for the both of us. Go ahead and put the dress on, I'll go grab a maid to help you." He started walking towards the door, but I stopped him quickly.

"Oh come on, Link. I'll show you how to tie a corset." I gave him a wink and his eyes grew and cheeks turned red.

I let out a slight giggle and grabbed the dress then pulled it behind the privacy wall near the wardrobe. He turned his back even though I knew he couldn't see me, making me quietly giggle to myself more because of how respectful he was. I stripped out of my shirt and pants and slowly slid on the blue dress. Once on, I held my hands against my chest so the dress wouldn't fall and called for Link. I stepped from behind the wall and he turned to see me, his cheeks as red as roses. I turned so my bare back was facing him.