The Ocarina's Lullaby

One week later

==========

Zelda's POV

My pen glided down the paper in my journal as I traced the unique designs of the Sheikah Slate. The moment we returned home, Link handed it over to me without a second guess. Anytime I had a question or wanted to see him work with it, he dropped everything he was doing and placed his full attention on me. My eyes glanced back up from my paper, studied the glowing eye carved into the back of the Slate, and back down to the paper. There was much more I could be doing than simply drawing the Slate and mapping out all of it's parts we knew about, truth be told, I'm tired. Instead of forcing myself to work harder, I allowed my body to force me to rest. My side has been healing, I was only met with a little soreness throughout my day but with the help of Paya's medicine, most of the bruises and pain have been subdued. 

As I began working on the pupil of the eye, my own eyes caught a slight glance of the bright blue sapphire on my finger. I lifted my left hand from holding down the page and wiggled my fingers to get a better view of the gem. The sun's rays flooding in from the windows caught the sapphire perfectly, illuminating my finger in a blue glow. A smile grew upon my lips as I watched my finger.

Surely, he cannot be too busy. I thought to myself. I bit on my lip and pushed up from my chair to peek out of my study's window. Down in the courtyard below, Link stood with a bow in hand and an arrow drawn back, ready to fly towards the target far in front of him. The sun shined brightly onto him, giving his golden hair a warm glow. Today, he traded his traditional Champion Tunic for a deep green one that had a brown belt wrapped around his waist and a light grey undershirt with stitching designs on the forearms. All paired together with a white pair of trousers and deep brown boots.

I too decided to switch out my usual blue for an emerald green dress for the day. Though a simple silk dress, it took my breath away when it was delivered to the castle as a gift from the seamstress in Castle Town. The silk dress fit perfectly around my torso and flowing out a little after my waist. The sleeves left my shoulders bare, attaching below them covering the rest of my arms and back of my hands with a small golden ring holding onto the fabric on each middle finger. Around my waist was a light golden belt, elegantly decorating the dress. I added the golden slippers Link gave me months ago and small golden earrings, leaving out my blue hair clips for the day.

Although I would rather not wear dresses on a daily basis, it felt nice to allow myself to dress up randomly. Besides, Link was already awake and deep into whatever activity he considered "relaxation" before he was able to see the new dress. Excited for him to finally see it, I reached over and closed my journal and headed out of my study's doors. I made my way through the castle's halls with a grin still on my face, greeting each worker and guard I saw in the corridors.

The sun greeted me with it's warmth as I stepped out into the courtyard and quietly made my way up onto the small gazebo behind him, watching him practice. Without noticing my presence, he drew back another arrow and let out a slow breath. When the last bit of air passed through his lips, he released the arrow hitting the exact middle of the target.

I giggled and clapped at his performance. He jolted and turned, taken by surprise at my celebration.

"Wow, you are good at that. Have you ever thought about becoming a knight?" I giggled.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "The thought has crossed my mind, although I hear the Princess is surely a hard one to keep up with."