Hylia's Grace

Zelda's POV

I squeezed onto Link tightly as she tightened her fist around the orb. I felt tired from using so much power but I used everything in me to create any form of barrier around us. And when she released the dark glow from the orb, nothing happened. I looked up from Link's shoulder, to see the triforce on his hand. The barrier of light now around us not coming from me...

but from Link.

His arm was stretched out towards her, the triforce glowing bright on the back his hand. Master Rubi's faced dropped, the color leaving her face. The Yigas and warriors around us silent, some gasped at the what had just occurred. How he did it, I have no clue, I lifted my hand that was pressed onto him, the triforce glowing bright on my palm. His chest was rising and falling quickly, as if he was trying to catch his breath. His eyes never peeled off of her as he slowly stood, pulling me up with him, his arm still reached out towards her. 

"How is this possible?" Master Rubi gasped.

"As Princess of Hyrule, I order you to surrender now." I slowly stepped out of Link's grasp and inched towards her. Sheikah guards pushed through the Yiga behind her.

She looked behind to see the guards and the Yiga not moving to her defense. I noticed the numbers in the room, our warriors began to outnumber the Yigas, we were winning. She was so focused on her own priorities that she didn't notice her army of Yigas falling around her. None of the Yigas moved to attack, I could sense the fear on their faces beneath the masks. Two Sheikah ran to Cardan's body, pulling him out of the room.

She made no movement, squeezing the orb with all her might. I reached out my arm to match Link's, the triforces both glowing brighter. With a quick thought a golden orb shot from my hand, knocking the orb from her hand and onto the ground. As she went to grab it, Teba ran up and smashed it beneath his foot. The dark magic from it spread over the ground and vanished into thin air within a second.

"No! How could you do this! How did you do this!" She screamed looking at the now broken orb. Sheikah grabbed both of her arms and pulled her back. Her eyes whipped around to face me. "You will loosed everything and send this kingdom back into ruin." She sneered.

"The only one who has lost everything, is you Rubi." Link snapped, lowering his hand. "Arrest her and anyone who stands with her." The Yiga around the room quickly pulled away and lowered their weapons. 

My eyes shot to him and his blue eyes met mine, the light slowly returning. Was this battle truly over? 

==========

Prince Sidon and Riju sent their guards to assist the Sheikah to clear out the hideout. Teba and his guards stuck with us as we aided anyone who needed help after the battle, and move everyone out of the hideout who decided to leave the Yigas ways. I carried supplies that would help any of the warriors who were injured. As I tended to their wounds, I thanked them individually for their bravery. 

After all these months, this moment didn't feel real. We have won and the Yiga Clan has officially surrendered. Few stuck by Master Rubi's side, being arrested with her. When out of the hideout, we waited in the moonlight as guards went back in to pull anyone else out, before Link ordered that the whole hideout was to be destroyed. I sat with Riju as she aided a few Gerudo guards when a Sheikah came and tapped onto my shoulder.

"Princess, come you will want to see this." He whispered to me. I raised to my feet, almost stumbling from my whole body being tired after the battle.