A Prayer For Sheik

Zelda's POV

The wedding is now two days away. Nervous merely described my emotions. 

My fingers danced through Link's hair while I sat on the side of the bed. I awoke a little less than an hour ago, Link was still fast asleep. Paya was to find me when the seamstress would arrive for my final try on of the wedding gown. Each day leading up to the wedding, I saw Link less with us both being dragged away for different preparations. Link was busy heavily ordering the Royal Guard and training them every moment he had so they would be prepared for the big day. I understood why, with such an important event for the whole Kingdom and a new royal family, the chances of something going wrong is... high. 

My fingernails moved to his arm, making light movements up and down his bicep. He was asleep on his side with the linens covering only his waist, his bangs falling over most of his face. I now had a lifetime to admire him, though appreciating him felt even more meaningful today. A gentle knock came from the other side of the door, soon followed by Paya quietly opening it. When she peaked in I raised a finger to my lips, signaling her not to wake him. 

She clasped her hands in front of her and whispered. "He's tired, isn't he?"

"His whole body must be furious with how hard he has been pushing himself and those guards." I quietly replied and looked back down to him. 

"She's here, Princess. Purah and Impa are waiting in there with her, I'll walk with you when you're ready. I understand if you want to sit with him for a moment." She rested her fingers on the door handle. 

I offered a subdued smile. "No, let's not keep the others waiting." 

She nodded her head and walked out the door to wait for me. When I pushed off of the bed, I turned back to him and pulled the covers up to his chest. I leaned down to place a soft kiss onto his temple, then quietly left the room. 

I believe she could sense my nerves, keeping silent most of the walk. I know it's only a gown, I guess it is the symbol the gown represents that is stirring my nerves. Of course, I was excited to experience this with him but this was more than our union. So much more. 

When we reached the outside of the seating room the other's were waiting in, the door flew open and Impa stormed through pushing two guards out. Paya and I froze in confusion and fear as we watched the performance.

"Now, I told you once and I will tell you again. No one but those invited into this room is allowed to see the Princess! I do not care about Master Link's orders, he can come fight with me over it and I know he won't! So stay  out!" She ordered.

"L-Lady Impa we were only-" One guard began to speak.

"I know, I know, you are to protect the Princess. I am Sheikah, my tribe has been protecting the royal family for millenniums, I think I can handle it." Her arms crossed. When she saw us, she smiled and waved towards the door. "Oh, hello Princess and Paya, come in." 

"Are you sure we are invited?" I giggled. "Thank you both, Impa means no harm. You are relieved from your post today." I looked over to the wide-eyed guards.

Instantly, they were soothed and bowed to me before walking off. Paya and I walked into the seating room as Impa closed and locked the door behind us. It was a room I rarely visited, nonetheless it was beautiful. In the center rested a light blue rug with white sofas seated on two opposite sides of each other. In between them was a light colored, wooden low-table with a chandelier hanging above. Behind the setting, two large doors led out onto a balcony, and around was various other matching seats with paintings neatly hung on the walls. Bolson truly was a fabulous designer.