Chapter 9

Laurel's case against Sommers' was taken over by the DA's office since he was now being charged with murder and it was no longer a civil suit. This allowed her to be able to represent Oliver and Sara at court when they were being brought back to life. The whole trial took about thirty minutes and ended with both Sara and Oliver being alive in the eyes of the law.

When they were walking out of the court, they were met by the DA who asked Laurel for a minute alone. When the two were alone the DA said, "Miss Lance, I have been keeping an eye on your work and I would like to offer you a job at my office."

"Is it ok if I take a day to think about it? I will get to you tomorrow morning if that is ok?" Laurel asked.

"Yes, I can give you until tomorrow morning. Call me at my office and let me know." The DA said as she went into the court.

Laurel walked up to the rest of her friends and family and Sara asked, "Was that about what I think it was?"

"Yes, I have to let her know something by tomorrow morning." Laurel said.

"I am surprised you didn't just say yes up front." Tommy said.

"I had to at least make it look like I was considering other options. Didn't want to look too easy to get." Laurel said.

"Makes since. It would be nice to have someone in the DA's office as well. We already have someone in the police, now we have someone in the DA's office." Oliver said.

"I wonder if they would let you try Sommers?" Thea asked.

"It would make since because I already have my case notes that I was going to use against him in my trial." Laurel said.

"Well, make sure you put him away for a long time it you do get the trial." Oliver said and Laurel nodded.

"So, now that you are officially alive again, what do you two feels like doing?" Tommy asked.

"Let's go have some fun. We can also use the opportunity to check out some clubs and get some ideas for ours." Sara said.

"Sorry guys, but I think I am going to go home for the night. I need to spend some time with Conner, since I have been a little busy with being a vigilante lately." Laurel said.

"I think I am going to head home with you as well. I trust the two of your judgement on what would be good." Oliver said.

"You can go Ollie. I will be fine." Laurel said.

"I know you will be. I just want to spend time with my girlfriend and my son, who I didn't get to spend any time with for the first five years of his life." Oliver said.

"You do that Ollie. We understand. It will also give Tommy and I our second date." Sara said and Tommy smiled because he was getting his second date and he was hoping for a whole lot more dates as well.

When Oliver and Laurel got home, they were both met by Conner who was giving them a hug just as they walked into the door. The babysitter left the apartment and left the family to have what would really be Oliver's first family night. They decided to watch a movie, so they put in the Lion King and watched it together. Once the movie was done Oliver went to put Conner to bed so that he and Laurel could have some time to talk to each other in the living room.

"So, you looked deep in thought for the whole night. What was on your mind?" Laurel asked.

"I was just thinking about how much I missed while I was gone and that I don't want to miss anything else that is important in either one of your lives." Oliver said.

"Well, I am glad to hear you say that, but I already knew you felt that way. So, what about it kept your attention for pretty much the whole night?" Laurel asked.

"I had something on my mind, but I don't really want to say anything because it might be too early to think about it." Oliver said.

"As long as you don't want another baby right now, I think I can handle it. Just as long as we are together." Laurel said.

"Babe, I don't ever plan on leaving you and that is what I was thinking about, but I have barely been home a week yet, so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself." Oliver said.

"Well, you will never know unless you ask. I have a feeling we might be on the same wavelength though." Laurel said.

"In that case then, Dinah Laurel Lance will you make me the happiest man in and world and marry me?" Oliver asked.

"Of course, I will Ollie. I waited for you the whole time you were gone. Do you really think that I would not have said yes?" Laurel said with a smile.

"I truthfully didn't know because like I said earlier, I have only been back for a week." Oliver said.

"Oliver, I was ready to marry you before you got on the Gambit. That has not changed now either. It is why I never went out with anyone while you were gone. It was either you or no one." Laurel said.

"So, I was thinking that we could go and look at rings tomorrow. I wasn't expecting to do this tonight, so I don't have the ring. I guess that is a good thing though, since now you get to choose one that you really like." Oliver said.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan. I am not worried about the wedding yet. I don't know whether I just want to go to court and get married or whether I want a big wedding." Laurel said.

"You have time to figure that out. I will do whatever you want to do, just as long as we are getting married. That is all that really matters to me." Oliver said.

"If I didn't have to worry about what other people thought, I would say let's go to court tomorrow and get married, but I feel like we at least need to talk to Sara and maybe a few others before we make the decision." Laurel said.

"I can understand that. Anyways, it is starting to get late. How about we go to the bedroom and celebrate a little bit and then we can get some rest." Oliver said and Laurel kissed him as they walked to the bedroom and started their celebration.

A/N: Let me know what you want for the wedding. A big one or just go to the court and have a quick wedding. Let me know what you think, and I hope everyone is enjoying this story so far.