Chapter 21

The next day when the noon news came on television the anchors were told that there was a press conference going on down at City Hall. The news cut to the press conference and it showed Laurel in front of the cameras.

"Good evening everyone. I will get straight to the point here. Today we had a informant come forward and give us disturbing news. It seems that one of our wealthiest members in this city had sought to bring an act of terror to a part of our great city. We have also learned that this man has also kidnapped the mayor so that the city's leaders will let this act of terror go along. We have news that the mayor has been rescued by the vigilantes and that the vigilantes also destroyed the devices that were going to cause this act of terror. So, know that you are all safe and everything will be fine. The real reason for this press conference is to tell everyone in the city to be on the lookout for Malcolm Merlyn. If you see him call the police and do not get near him. He is assumed to be armed and dangerous. Stay safe everyone and thank you for your time." Laurel said as she left the stage.

To say that the city was surprised would be a understatement. This also included Malcolm Merlyn because he didn't think that any of his own people would turn on him. If he ever got his hand on Frank Chen. Now Malcolm was a wanted man and his plans had been foiled by the vigilantes, so he needed to get out of town quickly.

Oliver and Sara were keeping an eye on Malcolm from a building across the street from Merlyn Global. They were not going to let him get away. "So, when do you think he is going to try and leave?" Sara asked.

"Probably tonight. We can't get in now either. I am sure the glass of the windows is made out of bullet proof material and we can't just walk in downstairs either." Oliver said.

"Your right. So, we end this tonight then?" Sara asked.

"Yeah. Unless he tries to move before then." Oliver said and they kept watching Malcolm.

Later that night the rest of the team met up with them on the building across from Merlyn Global. "So, what's the plan?" Athena asked.

"We don't need all of us right now. I think that White and Black Canary, along with Artemis and myself should go in. You guess will come in as backup if we need it." Green Arrow said and the team nodded in agreement and split up to get ready to take down Tempest for good.

Green Arrow, White Canary, Black Canary, and Artemis entered the building from the roof and made their way to Malcolm's office. Once there the women waited back a bit so that it looked like Green Arrow was alone when he walked into the office.

"Well, I see you came alone. That is kind of disappointing because you are no match for me on your own. I have been watching you and you are nowhere close to my level of expertise." Malcolm said.

"I guess we will just have to find out then." Green Arrow said as he attacked.

Green Arrow had brought his sword along for this fight because he knew that Malcolm would use his if he could. They were pretty evenly matched considering that Green Arrow was younger. Green Arrow did seem to have a little bit of an advantage in speed. Suddenly something hits Malcolm in the back while he is fighting Green Arrow. He turns his head slightly to see White Canary there with her bo staff.

Malcolm turned to Green Arrow and said, "Well, I thought this was going to be fair."

"Who said anything about fair. You try to destroy a part of the city you don't get treated fairly." Green Arrow said.

"That's fine. I can still take the both of you." Malcolm said as he continued to fight Green Arrow.

Next Artemis enter the room and fired an arrow into Malcolm's right shoulder which was his dominate arm while using his sword, meaning he would have to switch to his left arm. Black Canary then came in with her bo staff and hit Malcolm in the left hand with it and broke his hand, causing him to drop the sword. Oliver then fired one of his bola arrows at Malcolm, tying him to a wall.

"We need to send a message to anyone who wants to come here and try to destroy our city. Does anyone have a camera?" Green Arrow asked.

"I have a burner phone." Artemis said.

"Ok, transmit this to all the news channels once we are done here." Green Arrow said and Artemis nodded as she pressed record.

"Get the rest of the team here as well." Green Arrow said.

Once the rest of the team arrived Green Arrow started his speech.

"Tonight, this man, Malcolm Merlyn has been stopped from committing a terrible act of terror on our city. We are here to save our city from people like Malcolm Merlyn and anyone who is like him, so if you are looking to come here starts something just look at this man and know that the same will be waiting for you. Also, we know about the list that Merlyn has of people doing crimes for him, so that means that we know who you are, and we will be watching you. If you try anything, we will not hesitate to take you down. Just to make sure that you understand the message that I am trying to give here. You come to our city looking to destroy it, this is what happens." Green Arrow said as he nocked an arrow and shot it into Merlyn's heart. "We are Team Arrow, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure that this city and it's people remain safe." Green Arrow said and Artemis stopped the recording and sent it to all of the news stations in the city.

"You need to do more now that the camera is off. You stabbed him in the chest last time as well and somehow he survived." Laurel said.

"I will take care of it." White Canary said as she took Green Arrow's sword and removed Merlyn's head.

"That should take care of it." Green Arrow said.

"So, what now?" Athena asked.

"We take a break. I know that I am overdue for a trip that I owe a special someone." Green Arrow smiled at Black Canary knowing that they could now go on their honeymoon.

"I think that sounds great. Let's get out of here." White Canary said and the rest of the vigilantes followed because they knew that the police would all be there soon enough.