Chapter 57

The next night the team was all meeting in the bunker to see what was going on next. They knew that all that was left was to face Ricardo Diaz and Adrian Chase. They just didn't know who they were going after first.

"So, who are we going to take down first? Diaz or Chase?" Sara asked.

"We all know that right now Chase is working for me. That would make it easy for me to keep an eye on him. He is too busy kissing my ass right now. I think he is scouting us all right now, which means that we can do the same to him without him knowing. I think we should go after Diaz first, unless Chase starts to cause some trouble." Laurel said.

"That makes sense. He was the one who caused the most trouble in the future that we saw anyways." Roy said.

"How did Diaz cause so much trouble?" Oliver asked.

"Of course this was in a different time, but the city was still very corrupt and looking for someone to lead them. That person was Diaz. He pretty much took over the city and you had to turn yourself over to the FBI in order for them to help save the city." Tommy said.

"So, I ended up going to prison so that I could stop Diaz? Did it work?" Oliver asked.

"Not at first, but my doppelganger ended up making a deal when Diaz was finally caught and they traded you for him. You and the team were public heroes from then on." Laurel said.

"I hope that no one learns our identities this time. That is a complication that we do not need." Oliver said.

"I agree with you there. So, we are going to go after Diaz then?" Roy asked.

"That seems to be the consensus. For now we need to find where he is and then scout out the area so that we know what we are dealing with." Oliver said and the team nodded in agreement.

Barbara and Felicity got to work trying to find out where Diaz was now that he was not in prison anymore. Oliver knew that this was going to take a while, so he figured that everyone should go out on patrol while they waited.

"Laurel and Sara, I want the two of you to go and keep an eye on Chase. Make sure he isn't making moves before we think he will. The rest of us do our normal patrols for the night.." Oliver said and the team then went to change into their suits so that they could do their patrolling or their scouting for the night.

. . .

Laurel and Sara were staying to the shadows as they followed Chase home and saw that he was just having dinner with his wife. "This guy seems to be different then he was in the future we saw." Sara said.

"Don't let him fool you. We didn't see much of his private life, so he could have been like this in that future as well. We know he is good at making people see what he wants them to see. It is all part of his play. We start to think that he is a good guy and then he will fool us." Laurel said.

"That is true. We didn't see much of his private life. So, how long do we need to stay here?" Sara asked.

"Until we are sure he is done for the night. If he stays at home for the next hour or so I say we call it a night." Laurel said.

"Sounds fun." Sara said sarcastically.

An hour later Chase left his house and the Canary sisters followed him to see what he was up to. They found that he was now at Roy's place and he broke in to see what he could find out about Roy's personality.

"Looks like this guy is more dangerous than we thought. I never thought that he would break into one of our houses to find out information. Do you think that we should change tactics and go after him now?" Sara asked.

"I don't know yet. We will mention this to the team and we will think what everyone else thinks. We knew that he might do something like this to get his information. This might be the worst of it for now. We will just have to wait and see what we find out when we continue to follow him." Laurel said and Sara nodded as they continued to follow Chase for the rest of the night.

. . .

Later that night when the team was back in the bunker, Laurel and Sara started to report their findings on Chase. "It looks like he might start moving faster than we thought he would." Laurel said.

"Yeah, we know for a fact that he broke into Roy's place to see what he could find out about him. Who knows who else's place he has broken into. He didn't do much other than that though. I don't know if this warrants us going after him first though." Sara said.

"This guy was actually in my place tonight. I can't believe this." Roy said.

"Yeah, he was. We need to continue to play this all as normal though. We all need to do what we would normally do to make sure that he doesn't find out that we are onto him." Laurel said and the team nodded because they knew that she was right.

"I think we need to watch Chase for a couple of more nights. That will let us know if we need to change tactics and go after him first. For now, we are going with the plan as if we were still going to go after Diaz first. If we don't find out where Diaz is in the next couple of nights, we will consider going after Chase." Oliver said.

"So, how was the rest of your nights?" Laurel asked.

"Nothing much was going on out there tonight. A few muggings and stuff like that." Thea said.

"Well, I guess that is a good thing." Sara said.

"Yeah, it is. Let's all get changed and then head home for tonight. Barbara and Felicity, when you get here tomorrow, continue your search into Diaz and let us know if you find something." Oliver said and everyone left the bunker so that they could get some rest for the long days that they had ahead of them.