Chapter 62

The next night the team was waiting at the DA's office so that they could enact their plan and finish off Chase for good. They had meta dampeners with them so that they would have no problem with Laurel's doppelganger, and this Evelyn that had joined up with Chase looked like she would be no problem to beat.

"Athena and Arsenal. I want the two of you to go after Evelyn. White Canary, you think that you can take out Laurel's look alike by yourself?" Green Arrow asked over the comms.

"It will not be a problem." White Canary said as she went to sneak up on her sister from another earth.

"We've got Evelyn, Green Arrow." Athena said.

"Ok, the rest of us will wait until those two are taken out and when Laurel walks out of the building we will attack." Green Arrow said and the rest of the team acknowledged the order over the comms.

. . .

Athena and Arsenal were making their way to where they saw Evelyn standing. They stuck to the shadows so that she could not see them. All of a sudden they came out of the shadows and Evelyn didn't even have a chance to react as Arsenal walked up behind her and put her in a sleeper hold. Athena watched the girl as she struggled, but soon it became too much and the girl passed out. Athena grabbed Evelyn's legs and helped Arsenal take her to a secluded area and tied her up so that she couldn't get in their way.

On the other side of the building White Canary came out of the shadows and started her attack on Earth 2 Laurel. Laurel was surprised at first but was able to right herself just in time to block the next shot that came at her. Laurel then tried to use her Siren Cry, but nothing happened.

"Did you think I was going to let you cheat like that?" White Canary asked.

"I didn't know what to expect, but I will have fun beating the shit out of you nonetheless." Laurel said.

"Let's see what you got." White Canary said and with that Laurel went on the attack.

Laurel realized that she was outmatched early in the fight but that didn't mean that she was going to give up. No matter how hard she tried she could get the upper hand on White Canary though, and this was causing her to wear down. Not long later White Canary finally saw her opening and she hit Laurel in the side of the head which caused her to fall to her knees from being so tired. White Canary then went behind her and put her in a sleeper hold and put her to sleep. After that was done she tied up Laurel and dragged her to the shadows.

"Everything is done, Green Arrow." White Canary said over the comms.

"Good. Now everyone get ready. It is about time for Laurel to leave work." Green Arrow said the rest of the team said they were ready.

. . .

Not long later Laurel was getting ready to leave work and she was nervous because she was having to play a part that she was not used to playing. The bait. She hoped that the team was ready as she reached the door and then she walked outside. As she was approaching her car she heard something behind her so she turned around to see Chase standing there in his suit.

"Laurel Queen, I am here to send a message to your husband. I am sorry that I have to do this, but it is the only way to get back at him for what he has done." Chase said.

"And what exactly has my husband done to make you so mad?" Laurel asked.

"He took my father from me. He might not be dead, but he is still in prison nonetheless. I needed my father during my formative years, but he couldn't be there because of your husband." Chase said.

"I don't know who you are, but maybe I can help you with something, like visitation with your father or something like that." Laurel said still playing her part, keeping him busy so the team could converge on them.

"No. It is too late for that. The only thing that will work now is taking someone that he loves away from him just like he did my father." Chase said.

"Take your best shot." Laurel said as she saw Chase coming towards her.

Right before Chase could get to Laurel an arrow hit the ground in front of him and exploded, knocking him onto his back.

"Looks like you have back up Mrs. Queen. How did you know that I was coming?" Chase asked as he turned to Green Arrow.

"I have been following you for a long time to see what your plans were. It was just a game of patience to wait until you made the first move and then we would be able to take you down without any problems." Green Arrow said.

"Well, I think I am good enough to take the two of you on. So, let's get this over with." Chase said and then he noticed that the whole Team Arrow was walking out of the shadows and he could see his help anywhere.

"Did you really think that we were going to make this fair for you?" Green Arrow asked.

"I guess you found my help and took them out because they are not here fighting right now." Chase said.

"You are correct. You see we are 10 steps ahead of you and you didn't even notice that until now." White Canary said as she walked into the light.

"I guess you have outclassed me. I won't go down without a fight though." Chase said as he charged at Green Arrow and the fight began.

Chase had nothing on Green Arrow and he soon was knocked out and they tied him up and put him with the rest of his friends.

"I am going to call Lyla and tell her to come and pick these three up. We will need to put them someplace where they can't talk since they know who we really are and I also think that people will be weirded out if they saw two Laurel's around." Spartan said and Green Arrow nodded.

"Tell her to take them to Lian Yu. They will never get off of that island unless someone picks them up." Green Arrow said as Spartan made the call.

"So, this is over. Let's get out of here and let ARGUS take care of the rest of this. We need to prepare for what comes next." Green Arrow said and the rest of the team nodded knowing that their leader was correct, since what would be next was the Crisis on Infinite Earths.