Chapter 28

Sara and Laurel were back to Starling City by lunch time, and they met up with Tommy and Oliver to talk about their trip as well as get a bite to eat before they went back to work themselves. Laurel after all was the DA for the city now.

"So, how was the trip? Did you get what you were looking for?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah, we have the cure for the Mirakuru, and we also have some new tricks up our sleeves for our night jobs as well." Sara said.

"What might that be?" Oliver asked.

"I think it is something that will be best if it is shown to you. It will be hard to understand otherwise." Laurel said.

"Ok, so when do we get this show and tell?" Tommy asked.

"Tonight. We will need somewhere that is private and also somewhere that we can't mess up much of anything though." Laurel said.

"I think I know just the place. We will all meet at the bunker and then we will go to this place once we have changed into our suits and are ready to go out on patrol." Oliver said.

"Sounds good to me. Well, I had better get to work or your mother is going to fire me." Laurel said to Oliver as she gave him a kiss and then left the other three to talk about how business went the night before at the club while Sara was gone.

Oliver, Tommy, and Sara left the restaurant to go to the club to get it ready for the night. When they walked in, they saw that Emiko was already there looking at the books. She looked up when the other three entered the club and said, "We did very good last night. It looks like this was a good investment for all of us. People really do seem to come around when they know the people who own this place are Queens and Merlyn's and one soon to be Merlyn."

"Don't be getting ahead of yourself there Emiko." Sara said.

"Please, like you don't think you are going to marry Tommy." Emiko said.

"Didn't say that I wouldn't. I just think that you might be getting a little ahead of yourself is all." Sara said and Emiko nodded.

"So, what about you Emiko? I think you might be the only single one in our group." Oliver said.

"I don't really have the time to do the dating thing. I don't know how the three of you have the time for it." Emiko said.

"Well, it does help that all of us are on the team." Tommy said.

"Yeah, and there is really no one else on the team that I would be interested in." Emiko said.

"I guess you have a point there. I can help you out if you need a wing woman though." Sara said.

"Thanks. I will keep that in mind." Emiko said.

"Anyways, once we get everything set up for the night, we will go to the bunker and get ready. It seems that Laurel and Sara have something to show us. We will need to go to the QC air hanger outside of the city though. So, get your suit and be ready to leave here shortly after. We really need to hire a manager for this place. It is going to get hard for all of us to leave before too long." Oliver said.

"I have been thinking about that too. Do you have any ideas?" Sara asked.

"We will need someone that we can trust with our secrets. I don't think it is right to bring them in if they don't know the truth about where we are going. Although, some night some of us will be here, especially on a slow night." Tommy said.

"That is true. We need this person to know why we might have to duck out at bad times, and they will need to be able to cover for us." Oliver said.

"No one is coming to mind right now. Let's put out an ad looking for applicants and then we can go from there." Sara said.

"That is a good idea. Now that we have that settled. Let's go get ready. Once we are done at the hanger, Tommy, you are the one who is on club duty tonight, so you will come back here." Oliver said.

"Got it. So, let's go get ready." Tommy said and they all went down to the bunker to suit up.

Once everyone was at the air hanger, Laurel and Sara stepped forward and Laurel said, "Well we have some news from our time in Central City. We now have the cure for the Mirakuru, but we also came back with something else because of the Particle Accelerator explosion." Laurel said.

"And what would that be?" Emiko asked.

"It will be easier to show you." Sara said as she started to yell and air waves started to come from her mouth. Laurel did the same thing and Oliver, and Emiko were stunned but the others were not.

"Wow. That is so cool. I wish I had gone with you now." Thea said.

"So, what is that anyways?" Oliver asked.

"Well, in the future it is known as the Canary Cry. That is not all we have though." Sara said.

"Ok, what else is there?" Roy asked.

"Tommy you really need to get your mind out of the gutter for a little while. I know that the Canary Cry is hot and all but come on." Sara said.

"I didn't say anything." Tommy said.

"You didn't have to. If I concentrate on a person, I can read their thoughts." Sara said.

"Ok, now that is the coolest thing I have ever heard of." Thea said.

"What about you Laurel? Can you read minds as well?" Diggle asked.

"No, I have something else. Thea, turn around so that I can't see your mouth and whisper something to me. It can be anything." Laurel said.

"Ok." Thea said as she turned around.

Thea then whispered, "I am glad to have you as a sister-in-law. I always thought of you as a sister and now you really are. Thanks for always being there for me when I needed you."

Thea turned around and saw that Laurel was holding back tears because of what she said.

"Speedy, I always looked at you as a sister as well, I will always be there for you no matter what." Laurel said.

"Wow. So, you can hear anything?" Thea said.

"I can hear things from a distance and can also tell what direction something like an attack is coming from." Laurel said.

"That will be very useful in the field. Alright, let's get out on patrol. We will see you back at the club in a couple of hours Tommy." Oliver said as the team went out on patrol and Tommy went back to the club.