Chapter 63

Everyone who had seen the future knew what was coming next, but they couldn't do anything until that time came, so for now they were going to relax and continue to keep the city safe until it was finally time for Crisis. This of course was easier said than done since everyone knew what could happen and how this situation was much more dangerous than anything that they had ever faced.

"So, what do you think we can do to get ready for this Crisis that is coming?" Sara asked.

"I don't know if there is much that we can do. We just need to be ready to fight when it is time and hope that everything turns out ok." Laurel said.

"Everything turned out fine last time except for the fact that Ollie died. So, I guess we want all of that, plus Ollie being alive." Sara said.

"That's right. We will find a way to keep him alive this time around. But if worse comes to worse, I want you to take care of the kids if anything happens to us." Laurel said.

"I will do that, but you know that nothing is going to happen." Sara said.

"I hope you are right, but I need to have plans in place in case something does happen." Laurel said and Sara nodded.

"Don't worry. Tommy, Thea and I will take care of the kids if something does happen." Sara said as the two sisters finished eating their lunch so that they could get back to work.

. . .

Later that night at Oliver and Laurel's apartment, they were having a family dinner, which included Sara, Tommy, Thea, Roy, Moira, Quentin, Emiko, Conner, and Olivia. This was the first time that they had been able to have a meal like this in a while since they had been so busy lately with taking down all the bad guys that they had faced.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming. I know it has been a while since we have been able to do this and I hope that we can find a way to do it more often now that things have calmed down." Oliver said and all of the guests nodded in agreement.

"I look forward to that, Oliver. I would always make time to spend with my Grandchildren." Moira said.

"So, when is the wedding going to be?" Emiko asked Sara as they had been talking since Oliver finished his speech.

"Not sure yet. I would say I would like to have it soon. I would like to be married before Crisis comes around." Sara said.

"Sounds like a plan. Too bad we don't really know when that is going to be." Tommy said.

"Then it looks like you will just need to get this done in the next couple of weeks just to be safe." Oliver said.

"You know, that does sound like a good idea Ollie. What do you say Merlyn? You up for getting married in two weeks?" Sara asked.

"I will marry you whenever you say, baby." Tommy said and the couple shared a kiss.

"Well, I guess that means that we have a lot of work ahead of us. Want to go dress shopping tomorrow?" Laurel asked her sister.

"Sounds good to me. Speedy and Emiko can come too, since they will be bride's maids." Sara said.

"Oh, you don't have to do that Sara. I am sure there are plenty of other people you would like to have in your wedding that you know better than me." Emiko said.

"You would be surprised. I never really had many friends growing up. It was always Laurel, Ollie, and Tommy that I hung out with. The rest of the girls never seemed to like me that much." Sara said.

"Well, that is what happens when you flirt with all of their boyfriends." Laurel said.

"Hey, I can't help that I had game. It was the guys that looked at me. I just went off the signs they were sending me." Sara said and everyone at the table started laughing since it was true.

"What about you, Laurel? Did you have many friends growing up?" Emiko asked.

"Not really. I think the fact that Sara was my sister and the fact that I would rather hang out with Ollie and Tommy kind of put a damper on that. Not that I would change anything about the past though." Laurel said.

"You forget that you and Mckenna were always pretty good friends." Oliver said.

"That's because she was part of our group. I don't know if we would have been as close if it was for each of us being in the group." Laurel said.

'Yeah, I guess you are right. So anyways, how is everything going with you and Roy, Speedy?" Oliver asked.

"I think everything is great. What do you say, Roy?" Thea asked.

"Everything is good. I don't know if I have ever been this happy before." Roy said.

"That's good. Any chance of a wedding for the two of you anytime soon?" Laurel asked.

"Whoa! Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you Laurel?" Thea asked.

"Well, the two of you have been together almost as long as Sara and Tommy have. It was worth asking." Laurel said with a shrug.

"I don't know. Maybe we can look at something when the Crisis is over. Right now there are just too many questions to think about." Roy said and Thea nodded since it was a good answer.

"How are things with you and Nyssa, Emiko?" Thea asked.

"Things are going ok. I just wish she was around more often." Emiko said.

"Everything will be fine sis. You just need to make the most of when you do see her. Maybe after Crisis things will calm down for all of us, including Nyssa, and then you will have all the time you want with her." Thea said.

"That does sound good. So, but for now, let's take the time that we can get and make the most of it. After all, we don't know what is going to happen in the next few months to years." Oliver said and every nodded as they all went to eating their food and having fun with the company they were in.