Chapter 10 : A Totally Normal First Day

Reyna's POV

Reyna awoke at 6 a.m. as always and looked around the room for a moment.

The sky was still dark, which wasn't too surprising, and the tv was still on, which was also not surprising, as Reyna and Thalia often fell asleep while watching something.

She stayed in bed for a few minutes, relishing in Thalia's warmth and pine cone smell, before carefully untangling herself and walking into the kitchen.

Nothing like a can of Diet Coke to wake me up. she thought, turning off the TV while chugging a can she'd taken out of the minifridge.

Why they had a fridge and a minifridge, she had no idea, but she didn't really care, as it meant more space for snacks and other types of food that Artemis would never approve of and would never get in the tents.

Reyna knew she had quite a while until Thalia woke up, so she decided to take a shower, before Thalia could make comments that turned her into a stuttering, blushing, gay mess.

She stood under the shower, allowing the warm water to pass over her body, forcing all thoughts out of her mind.

She got out of the shower 15 minutes later and went straight to the kitchen, making herself a cup of hot cocoa. She didn't know how the cupboards had everything that she and Thalia enjoyed eating, but the chalked it up to being Artemis, who did know quite a lot about the two, including Reyna's feelings for Thalia.

The only reason Artemis never teased her about said feelings, was because Reyna would either make a comment about Zoë, or about Artemis' new interest, her very own sister, Hylla.

She sat down on one of the couches, picking up and spinning the basketball on her index finger, moving it from hand to hand.

She would probably be shooting the ball at the hoop, but she didn't want to wake Thalia, so she stayed on the couch, deciding to watch one of her favourite shows: MacGyver.

She'd watched the show multiple times, and decided to rewatch it again, hoping to not wake the girl sleeping on the bed behind her, mainly because she looked incredibly adorable and hot at the same time.

Reyna watched an episode, before turning the TV off again and looking at her schedule for the day.

Luckily, she and Thalia had the same schedule, though she was pretty sure that was due to godly intervention, as separating the two never ended well.

She'd picked up the schedules for both of them from McGonagall, because Thalia was too busy stuffing her face with an unholy amount of food.

As Reyna's mind went to the last night, she realised she hadn't thrown food into a fire to honour her mother for a while.

She got up, went back to the kitchen again, she did start feeling slightly stupid with the amount of times she was walking into and out of the kitchen, grabbed some marshmallows from the cupboards and chucked them into the fireplace, shooting a prayer to her mother. The same as always.

She wished her mother well, asking her to watch over her and Thalia, and begged her to show herself, even if it were a only a dream.

Reyna absent-mindedly scratched the tattoo on her collarbone, a habit which she had picked up ever since getting it.

A noise that sounded like a combination of a grunt and a moan came from the two four poster beds.

"Good Morning, sleeping beauty." Reyna said, turning around to look at Thalia, who was stumbling out of the beds.

"Ugh, you and your dumb waking up times." Thalia groaned.

"Thalia, what classes do you have today?" Reyna asked, smirking, deciding that it would be fun to cause her some panic slightly.