Chapter 23 : Dance.

Thalia's POV

No matter how flirty Thalia had acted, her heart was beating at a million miles an hour when Reyna asked her out.

In fact, she had only gone to the bathroom to hide her excitement and happiness, smiling and doing a little victory dance.

She never thought Reyna would ever asked her out. She always assumed it would be the other way around, because she knew of Reyna's feelings towards her.

But at the end of the day, Reyna was still the braver one out of the two, and that had only proven it.

When Reyna had walked out in her dark purple suit, she had taken Thalia's breath away.

Reyna had always been beautiful, but in that suit, beautiful didn't cover it. She was drop-dead gorgeous.

It was now the day of the dance and Thalia couldn't wait to finally be able to go out with Reyna, even if it was in some crowded hall in a school with a stupid name.

Thalia was also incredibly nervous. She was going on a date with Reyna after all, the person she'd fallen for pretty much the moment they met.

"Thalia! Earth to Thalia! Get out of dream world!" Thalia heard Reyna say and saw finger snapping in front of her eyes.

She jumped back in shock before realising her mind had wandered off and they were sitting on their beds.

"Sorry, my mind just wandered off. What did you say?" Thalia asked.

"I asked if you think we should get our accessories box out, and now I also want to know what you were thinking about." Reyna replied.

"First off, of course we get the rings and necklaces out. Secondly, I was thinking about later." Thalia answered.

"Awww, is Thalia nervous?" Reyna teased.

Thalia gave her a small smile in reply and looked down in shame. She wasn't exactly someone who felt nervous a lot, or at all.

"Thals, I'm nervous as well. Very nervous. It's fine to be a bit nervous, or very nervous." Reyna said. Thalia felt their hands meet and looked up, seeing that Reyna had moved next to her and grabbed her hands. "We'll be nervous together."

That was encouraging enough for Thalia. Reyna was nervous. Reyna was the most composed and gathered person she knew, and if she was nervous, then Thalia was fine with being nervous as well.

Thalia smirked, remembering the present she had bought for the two of them a few days earlier.

"Give me a sec, I'll be right back, I just need to get something." Thalia said to Reyna as they walked over to their trunks to get the box with rings and necklaces.

"Oh gods, that's never good." Thalia heard Reyna mutter with a chuckle as she left.

Thalia hurried into the bathroom, pulling the small black box out of it's hiding spot and opening it to check that it's contents were still inside.

She heaved a massive sigh of relief as she saw that the two rings were still inside. The rings' shanks were a mix of silver and gold and the head had three stones. The centre stone was a garnet, the side stones were a black sapphire and an amethyst. Each part of the rings represented them in it's own way.

The silver on the shank was for Thalia, it being her favourite metal and matching her tiara/headband she wore in the Hunt, as was the black sapphire, black being her favourite colour.

The gold and the amethyst represented Reyna, her armour and sword being made out of gold and purple being one of her favourite colours, along with being the colour of Camp Jupiter.