Chapter 22 : Dance?

Reyna's POV

The holidays past quickly, too quickly, in Reyna's opinion. Especially the three days they spent with Annabeth, Percy, Will and Nico.

Reyna got off the beds she shared with Thalia, reluctantly extracting herself from Thalia, doing her best not to wake the sleeping girl up.

It was one day before the first day of school after the holidays, but Reyna already couldn't wait for the next holidays to start.

She decided to leave the room for a minute and check the common room notice board, as people wouldn't be crowded around it yet.

As she exited the room and headed towards the notice board, she saw McGonagall leaving the common room, winking at her.

Skimming over all the useless papers that hadn't been removed from before the holidays, Reyna's eyes landed on one that hadn't been there before. She suspected it was what McGonagall had been doing in the common room.

She decided to give it a read, and chuckled when she finished.

It was an invitation/alert to a dance, which was in a week, and attendance was mandatory.

Reyna sighed, knowing exactly who she was going to ask, but worrying because she didn't know what to wear.

She and Thalia hadn't packed for anything like that, only casual, everyday clothes and their Hogwarts robes.

Reyna silently walked back to their shared room, sneaking inside and hoping not to wake Thalia.

As she thought it would be best for Thalia to be in a good mood when she asked her to the dance, Reyna went to the kitchen and made hot cocoa.

"Mmm, someone wants me in a good mood, huh?" Reyna heard Thalia ask, as she felt arms sneak their way around her waist.

"I hope I didn't wake you, because yes, I do." Reyna replied, leaning back into Thalia's body.

"And why would you want me happy?" Thalia asked, burying her face in Reyna's hair.

"Mainly because I like you more when you're happy, but also, there's a dance soon." Reyna replied.

"I don't like dances. And what does the dance have to do anything?" Thalia mumbled.

"I know, but it's mandatory." Reyna said, before taking a deep breath. "Will you go with me?"

"A- as in a date?" Thalia asked in reply.

"No- Yes- I mean, only if you want to!" Reyna replied, nervousness suddenly rising within her.

Reyna felt herself get turned around and was suddenly facing the sky blue eyes she had admired ever since she first met Thalia.

Her breath hitched as Thalia moved in closer, their faces only a few centimetres apart. They'd never been this close to one another before.

"Well I hope it's a date, because I'm only going with you if it is." Thalia whispered, her lips brushing Reyna's, before she left to the bathroom.

Reyna stood there, leaning against the kitchen counter, fingers on her lips, the ones that had just brushed Thalia's. She was rooted to the spot from the shock of what had just happened.

It took her a few moments to comprehend what had happened, but when it came to her, she jumped and squeaked with excitement and happiness, unable to wipe a massive grin off of her face

Thalia was going on a date with her. Thalia had said yes to a date with her, even though it was a dance, which Thalia never really enjoyed.

"I know you like me Reyna, but squeaking, squeaking, because I agreed to go out with you is a bit extreme, don't you think?" Thalia chuckled, coming out of the bathroom with a huge smile on her face.