Chapter 13 : Well that wasn't supposed to happen

TW: Mention of blood.

—————

Thalia's POV

Thalia sat on the couch, Green Day playing on Spotify from the TV, and checked the clock.

5 a.m.... Fuck. she thought.

It had been a month since the hellhound attack and there hadn't been a mostet attack since, but Thalia still couldn't sleep properly.

She'd thrash in her sleep, due to nightmare, where she would see herself losing control, burning everyone around her to a crisp with lightning.

Then, a few nights ago, she'd accidentally hit Reyna during one of her thrashes, knocking her off the bed and giving her a black eye.

No matter how many times Reyna assured her it was fine and that she didn't mind, Thalia still blamed herself. She'd hurt Reyna while they were both asleep, and now, she couldn't sleep anymore.

4 days. That's how long she'd been awake. 96 hours without any sleep at all, due to fear. Not just fear of nightmares, but fear of hurting the person she loved the most.

Rumours had swirled around the school as to how Reyna of all people had gotten a black eye. Thalia didn't tell anyone, neither did Reyna, not even Ginny or the rest of the crew.

Unfortunately, Malfoy seemed to think he had found out the truth, so he approached them oozing confidence.

—————

Flashback:

"Well, well, we'll, if it isn't the mudblood, potter, the disgraced and the hotties." Malfoy said, acting like he owned the place.

Thalia couldn't deal with him at that moment. She hadn't slept in three days and was ready to bite the head off of anybody that gave her, or any of her friends, especially Reyna, shit.

"Malfoy, if you know what's best for you, you'll leave. Now." Reyna growled, stepping in front of Thalia protectively.

No lack of sleep could prevent Thalia from loving Reyna. She had just given the girl a black eye in the middle of the night, but she still stood in front of her, ready to fight for her.

"No I won't, you see, I know where you got that black eye of yours." the idiot replied confidently.

"Well he's fucked." Thalia heard Ginny mutter and had to stifle a laugh.

"See, I think that you..." Malfoy began, walking towards Reyna, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Big mistake. was all Thalia could think.

In a split second, Reyna grabbed Malfoy's arm, twisting it in a way that couldn't be natural, and slammed him into a wall, his head making a satisfying cracking noise as it connected with the wall, before he crumbled onto the floor.

Before Malfoy could react, Reyna was standing over his body, once again twisting his arm. She had turned her wand back into her gold sword, it's tip decidedly close to his carotid artery.

"No male touches me without my permission." Reyna growled.

"P- Please! You've broken my arm." Malfoy screamed, his voice full of fear.

"No, I haven't. I've broken your hand." Reyna replied calmly.

Crack.

"Now I've broken your arm." Reyna admitted, ignoring the boy's screams, walking away and taking Thalia's hand, being incredibly gentle for some who had just broken someone's hand, arm and probably a few fingers as well.