Chapter 30 : Thalia's Birthday/The End

Reyna's POV

Reyna awoke to a beautiful day of sun shining through a window in the Zeus Cabin, where she'd been staying with Thalia, Jason and Piper ever since she and Thalia had gotten back.

She carefully untangled herself from Thalia, sitting up in the bed and stretching with a yawn, composing herself for what was going to be Thalia's first actual birthday in years.

It was then when reality hit her like a wrecking ball and she realised that today was the day she and Thalia would officially leave the Hunt and lose their immortality.

Reyna looked back in the past year and a half with a smile, remembering all the fun she had with the other girls in the tents, the day her and Thalia had gotten the matching tattoos as a dare from Phoebe, her first chase through snowy woods and of course, the day she and Thalia killed Lycaon.

"Lemme guess, reality hit you like a sixteen-wheeler?" Reyna heard Thalia ask with a chuckle. She turned slightly and saw the girl chuckle and throw an arm around her shoulder.

"With NOS." Reyna replied with a laugh. "Morning Thals."

"So..." Reyna heard Piper say. She looked up quickly and saw the girl looking at the two with raised brows. "When were you planning on telling everyone your dating?"

"We're not-" Reyna began but was cut off by piper raising her hand.

"You thought I wouldn't notice? Have you met my mother?" Piper asked with a chuckle.

"Unfortunately. I want to kill her more and more every time we meet." Thalia grumbled and Reyna could only laugh in agreement. Olympian or not, Aphrodite/Venus was a huge pain in the ass, no matter whether she was Roman or Greek.

"You told anyone yet?" Reyna asked Piper, realising there was better times to plan the murder of an annoying goddess who wouldn't stay out of her love life.

"Nah." Piper replied simply. "But we should wrap this up quickly, Jace'll be out soon." she added, gesturing to the bathroom.

"Speaking of my dear brother." Thalia began, rubbing her hands together. Reyna could hear an evil flint in her voice and couldn't wait to see where this conversation would go.

"I'm not going to enjoy this, am I?" she heard Piper mutter and had to stifle a laugh.

"When are there going to be mini Jipers?" Thalia asked with a grin. "I can't wait to be the cool aunt."

"Please, you'd be the aunt that starts making unfiltered sex jokes when they're ten." Reyna scoffed, receiving a punch in the shoulder.

"She's got a point you know." Piper managed to get out while attempting to hinder her laughter. "As for your question, to be honest, I haven't got a clue. We're nowhere near that age or conversation yet."

"Awww, and I was expecting a birthday present from you two." Thalia joked.

"You'll get one sis, now shut up please." Jason said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Hey! I'm the older sibling! You don't get to boss me around!" Thalia shouted, pouting.

"Yeah, you would be if you hadn't turned into a tree and been an immoral hunter for years." Reyna muttered, trying, and failing miserably, to ignore how adorable Thalia looked while pouting.

"Well, well, well. Didn't know you were a daughter of Zeus, sis." Reyna heard a familiar voice call from the cabin door.

She wheeled around in shock and saw her big sister Hylla, standing in all her glory, admittedly, behind a very embarrassed looking Artemis.