Chapter 14 : Cover blown = Story time

Reyna's POV

Reyna's heart stopped as she looked at Thalia in fear.

Shit. No this can't be happening. How can this be possible? she asked herself.

"Did I fucking stutter? Who. The. Fuck. Are. You?" Ginny growled, raising her voice.

Why did Sally write those books? Why didn't she change our names and appearances? the questions kept flying through Reyna's head, rendering her unable to reply.

"Ginny, we can explain everything, just please quiet down. Can we take this to our room, or somewhere more private?" Thalia requested, thankfully being able to speak.

"So you can what, knock me out and kill me? Hell no!" Ginny shouted.

"Ginny, please, we don't want to hurt you. We can explain everything. I know you think you can't trust us, but you can." Reyna said, finally finding her voice.

"Fine, but you try anything and the others will notice. So don't." Ginny replied.

Reyna admired Ginny's courage. The girl stood no chance against her and Thalia, but she stood her ground nonetheless, and Reyna had serious respect for someone like that.

Then again, Ginny was dating someone who literally stared death in the face and greeted him like an old friend, though Reyna wasn't sure it was the same kind of death as the god himself.

"What sort of muggle poison is- you're drinking that?" Ginny exclaimed, as Thalia grabbed a Diet Coke, tossing another to Reyna.

"It's just a soft drink, chill. It tastes really good, you can try it if you want." Thalia offered, carefully placing a third can on the coffee table in front of Ginny.

"Spill." Ginny said, ignoring the drink in front of her.

"Well what do you want to know? We've pretty much told you the truth as far as we can." Reyna asked.

It was sort of true. They'd never lied. They'd just never said they were demigods, or why they were there.

When asked about why they'd come over, they always said that they'd simply been sent there, and when asked about their parents, they simply ignored the question.

"Well for a start, why are you guys pretty much identical to fictional characters? Like you guys are actually exactly as Thalia and Reyna are described in these books, down to Reyna's gold sword. How is that even possible?" Ginny asked.

"Well, to put it simply, those books aren't actually fiction." Reyna admitted, after having a silent conversation with Thalia, agreeing that there was no point hiding the truth.

"I- wh- no. That... that can't be. Greek and Roman gods can't be real, we'd have heard of them." Ginny stuttered, looking totally confused. "And all these events... we'd know about them."

"The Mist is very powerful. I know that better than most. I can control it." Thalia said.

Ginny slumped together, falling into the armchair she was sat in.

"I don't believe it. How can that be possible? Does our ability to perform magic have anything to do with them?" Ginny asked, exasperation clear in her voice.

"Yes. According to the goddess Hecate herself, every witch and wizard has some form of ties with her and is of her descent." Reyna answered.

"But- but why do these books exist then? Why did the gods allow these books to be published?" Ginny inquired, her voice getting smaller and smaller.

"Those stories are actually written by Sally Jackson, Percy's mom, with help from her husband, Paul Blofis. They use the pseudonym "Rick Riordan" to stay somewhat undercover." Thalia answered.