Chapter 1:

Valyn's POV:

I said goodbye to my fire family as I left for the airport. Seattle has been my home for almost my entire life so moving to L.A. was a huge deal for me. I was saying goodbye to my fire friends. They were ny chosen family and we were allupset I was leaving. I said my goodbyes to Maya and Andy first. We hugged like the world was ending. I puled away and went to hug Miller and Warren. Lastly I went to say my final goodbyes to Gibson, Hughes, and Montgomery. With that I left those doors for the final time for who knows how long.

I got to the airport two hours before my flight was to leave. It wasn't a long flight, only two hours. I went through security which was a pain in the ass but I made it. I desperately needed coffee so I stopped by the Starbucks in the airport to grab a peppermint mocha and continued on to board my flight.

A couple hours later I arrived in L.A. I went to grab my luggage and was out the door so I could catch a cab to get to my new apartment. I got there and was greeted by my piles of shit. I started at station 118 on Monday so that gave me two days to get a head start on unpacking.

............

I woke up to a screeching noise in my ear. It was my alarm. My phone read 6:00 am and I didn't have to be at work until 8:00. I got my tired ass out of bed and went to turn the shower on. The cold water sprinkling on to my face woke me up a bit more. I washed my hair and lathered my body in soap. I turned the water off and dried my self, wrapping myself in a towel.  I went to get dressed and chose this outfit....

I still needed myself to wake up more so I went to brew a coffee

I still needed myself to wake up more so I went to brew a coffee. While I was drinking my coffee, I braided my hair into french braids.

 While I was drinking my coffee, I braided my hair into french braids

I brushed my teeth and put on some mascara and chapstick. The clock read 7:25 am and I had to walk to work. I lived approximately 20 minutes walking distance from the station so I left my apartment. Luckily I was getting a car next week so I would be able to hit snooze a couple times.

A bit about me. My name is Valyn Alexandra Rae Lopez. I was born in Madrid Spain to my parents Mateo and Maria Lopez. My dad is from Spain and my mom from Germany. I have 4 siblings all older than me. When I was eight my siblings were all out out of the house living in New York. Thats when my parents died.