Chapter Ten:

A/N: So I was an idiot and didn't match the timeline soooo. This episode that I am on would usually take place during Halloween but because of my idiot move, I am still going to have one of the calls, but replace the call that took place at a parade and cemetery and stuff and save that for when I get to the point in my book in which the chapter is taking place in October. Sorry again.

May 30, 2019---Val's POV:

Tonight was the last night Travis would be in LA so Buck, Eddie, Travis, and I were having a couple drinks at my apartment. I was sad that my friend was leaving but he had to go home.

"So Val...." Travis said

"So Travis...." I repeated.

"I talked to the LA fire chief today and he offered me a job at 118."

"And..."

"And I took the job."

I jumped out of my seat on the chair and gave Travis one of my famous, Val, bear hugs. 

"That's great! I can work with my best friend again." I said

"Hey, I though we were your best friends." Buck said with a pout on his face.

"Boyfriend." I said while pointing at Eddie. "Best friend from LA." I said pointing to Buck.

"Fair enough. But seriously bro, that's great." Buck said.

"Yeah, we're happy to have you as a permanent part of the 118."

"As great as it is Montgomery, you know damn well 19 will be pissed at first. Especially Herrera and Hughes." I said sitting back down in my chair.

"You're the one that said they will come around eventually." he said.

"Eventually. That is the key word. I never said that they wouldn't be pissed at first. Plus this probably means that 118 and 19 are rival stations now because 118 had stolen 2 firefighters from 19." I said laughing a bit.

"Yeah, you're probably right there." he said.

"So you still have to go back to Seattle for a bit to tie up loose ends?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have to pack and quit my job in Seattle. If all goes right I should be back at the end of June."

"Let's hope things go well then." Buck said.

We spent the rest of the night talking and drinking and after a while, everyone went home for the night in order to get enough sleep for shift tomorrow. I was ecstatic that Montgomery would be moving here. I finally fell asleep around 1:00.

I woke up around 7:00 am and Travis needed to be at the airport by 8:00. I threw on a white, v-neck t-shirt and black jeans with Vans. Travis was already waiting for me so we went out to the car. He put his bags in the trunk and we drove to the airport but made a quick pit-stop at McDonald's first for breakfast. I stopped in front of the airport and hugged him just before he walked in the doors. I drove to 118 happy, because I knew I would be seeing him very soon.

I got to the 118 to find it empty. The trucks were gone meaning they were out on a call. I walked over to the locker room and put my bag in my locker exchanging it with my uniform. I changed into my uniform and walked out just in time fore the 118 to return from a call.

"Hey guys. Got called out?"

"Hey Val, yeah. Just someone who fell down the stairs, you didn't miss much." Buck said

"That's good. Anything else happen this morning that is interesting enough to share?"

"Nope. Just that one call which was pretty straight-forward." he responded.