Chapter Eleven:

July 1, 2019.

Val's POV:

Travis had gotten back to LA last week. He still had some things to unpack so he wouldn't start work until next week but damn what is nice to have my best friends here beside me.

I walked out the door of my apartment after yelling good bye to a sleeping Montgomery.

I jumped into my car and drove off to the station. I got there right at 8:00 and was greeted by the rest of the team.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Look at Lopez, almost late for shift I see. What happened to always being early?" Chim joked.

"I made it directly on time. The only reason I wasn't here earlier is because I got stuck talking to my brother on the phone for a half an hour." I said

"And how did that turn out for you?" Buck teased.

"He was pretty pissed that we hadn't talked in the past week. Turns out he made detective though so that's good."

We chuckled and went about our business as usual. We all walked upstairs and ate some pancakes and bacon that Bobby had made.

It was a pretty quiet morning so we mainly sat around and played cards. That was until about around lunch time when the alarm rang.

There was a woman standing on a sign off the highway and was holding up traffic. 'Apparently she wanted a guy named Norman to see her but honey, you were all over the news. There is no way anyone can miss you.' I thought

We pulled up and there were a ton of police cars there waiting for her to come down. Captain sent me down to deal with the unfortunate woman.

"Hell no! I won't come down until Norman sees me!" The woman yelled. "And don't you try to force me down!" 

"Nobody's gonna force you to do anything. We're just gonna talk. What's your name?" Athena spoke.

"Lola!" said the woman.

"Lola, my name's Athena. What's the problem?"

"The problem? The problem is, after 30 years of marriage, I can't get 30 seconds of attention from my husband!" she spoke.

God is this woman high or something. Why did I have to be the one to go down. I know that seems selfish but seriously, I don't want to deal with this today. I thought as I was being attached to a harness.

"It's like I'm invisible! But I'm-I'm not invisible! I am here damn it! See me Norman." The woman continued

I was told to move into position so I was lowered the couple of feet down onto the sign.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! What are you doing?" She said

She pointed a gun at me. I didn't flinch as this was not the first time I had a firearm pointed at me.

"Lola, I'm just here for your safety. Please let me take you back down to the ground."

"Not until-"

"Norman sees you. Yeah I know. But every person in LA sees you. You are on a freeway sign holding up traffic right now." I said calmly.

She pointed her gun away from me and shot a couple rounds into the trampoline below, deflating it. (I tried to look up the actual name and was searching for like 20 minutes but found nothing so Ima call it a trampoline😇)

Athena got the cops to hold their fire just as Norman came. Norman was able to coax his wife into letting me take her back down to the ground. 

She was arrested and the 118 and I packed up and left the scene, heading back to the house for lunch.