Chapter Four:

April 23, 2019:

Eddie's POV:

Yesterday was the day the five alarm office fire took place. We have the day off today and it is Saturday so I invited Buck and Valyn over for a BBQ. It is currently 11:00 am. Buck was coming at around 11:30 to help with the food and Valyn was supposed to show up around 12:00. She told me earlier when I called that she would have to arrive a bit late because she was going to get a car.

The clock hit 11:30 and Buck knocked on the door. He had two bags of food in his hands. I grabbed the bags and he followed me inside back into the kitchen. I walked outside to start the grill and throw the burgers on. Buck was outside kicking a soccer ball around with Christopher who was smiling and laughing.

Valyn's POV: 

I just got my new car. It's a simple navy blue jeep.

I always wanted to have a jeep that can have an open roof but previously living in Seattle, there was no point

I always wanted to have a jeep that can have an open roof but previously living in Seattle, there was no point. But now that I live in L.A. and needed a new car, I just went for it.

I was on my way to Eddie's place to have a BBQ with him, Buck, and Christopher who is such a little angel.

I was wearing ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and black boots. I once again had my hair pulled back into two French braids. 

I parked on the street and turned my car off. I grabbed my phone from the passengers side and opened the door to get out. 

I walked up the the house and knocked on the door just to be greeted by Buck.

"Hey Valyn. Eddie is in the back finishing up the food."

"Hey Buck. Sorry I had to come late."

"Don't worry about it. It's all good. Plus you needed to get a car."

We both laughed a bit and walked to the backyard.

"Hola Diaz." I said laughing after this words.

"Hey Vee. Are you hungry?" Eddie asked.

"Starving. I skipped breakfast." I answered.

"You know it's not good for you to skip a meal right?" Buck asked sarcastically.

"Yes Buck. I'm aware. I was in a rush this morning because I overslept then had to go get myself a car." I said to Buck while giving him a sarcastic evil glare.

"Just making sure."

"Hi Valyn." Christopher said walking up to me.

I bent down to reach his level so I could give him a high-five.

"Hey Christopher. How are you kid?" 

"Good. Can you come play soccer with Buck and I?"

"Lunch won't be ready for five minutes." Eddie said