Chapter 20

Val's POV:

The sun shining through my sheer curtains is how I wake each morning. That's what living along the beach gets you. It's been a month since I've been out of the hospital. With each day that passes, I feel more and more like myself. Travis and I have been slowly recovering and unpacking our belongings. Or at least the things that survived. 

I woke up around 7:30 and got out of bed and got dressed. I put on a pair of camp cargo pants and an olive green t-shirt. I had a doctors appointment at 10 so I went downstairs to get breakfast but not until I checked my messages.

Eddie: Morning Love. How are you feeling?

Me: Morning. I have a doctors appointment today so I'm a bit nervous but I could be worse.

Eddie: You'll be fine and back at work in no time ;)

Me: I hope.

Eddie: You will.

Me: I will text you after my appointment. Have a good day.

Eddie: You too.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked downstairs. Travis went back to work last week because his injuries weren't as severe. That left me in a quiet house slowly losing my mind with each passing second. I missed not having a friend around during the day to watch the bachelorette with and making fun of the melodramatic characters and show.

I grabbed my mug and put it on the coffee maker turning it on. I need energy if I am going to get through today. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out some fresh strawberries and some sausage. I pulled a pan out of the drawer and turned on the burner placing the sausage on the pan as I washed the strawberries and put them on a plate. I finished my breakfast right as there was a knock on the door. I went over and looked out the peep hole to be greeted with the sight of my brother trying to make a comedic face but instead comes out looking like he is constipated. 

I opened the door and stared at my brother with a judge face.

"What?" He asked obviously confused and partially offended.

"Never and I mean NEVER- make a face like that again." I said moving out of the way enough for him to walk in the house.

"My kids love it." He said with a smirk.

"Because they are kids. I'm fucking 29 years old Marco." I said walking over to the couch.

"Oh yeah, Happy birthday." He said giving me a hug before we sat down.

"Thanks." I said kissing my brother on the cheek. The dreaded December tenth. AKA my birthday. To make it worse, I had to spend it going to a doctors appointment. Great. Just great. 

"So when is your doctors appointment?" Marco asked.

"In an hour. With LA traffic, I should leave now." I said as I grabbed my backpack and keys. Luckily my car was still intact so I didn't have to worry about a ride.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked.

"Don't you have work?" I stated confused as to why he would want to come.

"I could call off." He said standing up from his spot on the couch.

"No you go. I'll be good." I said making sure I had my phone.

"You sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure. See you later." I said as I left and walked over to my car that was parked in the driveway. I started the car and drove to the hospital. I was right to leave early. LA traffic was terrible right now. I got there just as the clock hit 10 A.M.