Chapter Twelve

Val's POV: 

Things with Eddie were going great. My friendships with Travis and Buck were also growing stronger by the day. It was now October 13, 2019. I was at Eddie's for the day helping Christopher and Eddie set up halloween decorations. In a merely ten days, Eddie and I would be celebrating our sixth month anniversary since our first date.

He told me that he was going to take me to a fancy restaurant. I told him that all I wanted to do was stay back and order pizza and cry over sappy movies on the couch cuddled up to him, but he insisted that we go somewhere. I eventually gave in after I saw how happy it made him and how excited I was.

Anyways, back to Halloween decorations. Eddie Christopher and I were decorating the entire house. By now, it looked like a real haunted house rather than a home in which a kid lived with his father.

Eddie told me about how he was enrolling Christopher in a new school. For him to get in, the school needed to get his wife's signature. We had a conversation about it the night before.

Flash back to last night...

"So Val, you know how I told you that I was going to enroll Christopher in a new school?"

"Yeah. Is everything okay Edmundo?"

"Yeah-It's just, they need Shannon's signature. I need to call her to come to LA so that she can sign but I promise this is all it will be. I don't love her anymore, I love you. I don't want this to get in the way of that."

"Eddie. Stop rambling. If you say that's all it will be, then call her so she can sign for Cristopher to go to a great school. I trust you."

"Thank you Val." He said kissing me.

We pulled away after a minute.

"For what?"

"For trusting me. For everything."

"You haven't given me a reason to not trust you yet Diaz." I said and we laughed. He talked about wanting to ask Shannon for a divorce. Now that our relationship is hitting the six month mark, he wants to leave that part of his life behind. I just told him to take his time and that I support him either way.

I will be honest. It hurt a bit when he talked about her. Even though I knew they were over, I still felt jealous. I continued to ignore it went on with being the supportive, trusting, girlfriend.

 It was reaching lunch time so the boys and I decided to stop and order a pizza. We sat on the couch and I played video games with Cristopher meanwhile, Eddie was on his phone ordering the food. When he finished, he put his phone down and watched me and Cristopher. 

I noticed him staring at me for a while and in the corner of my eye, I saw a smile planted on his face. I decided not to confront him on the staring because he was happy. As long as he was happy, so was I.

"So Christopher, what are you planning to be for halloween?" I asked as we finished up the round of the game.

"Wolverine."

"That's awesome buddy. Are you excited?" 

"Yeah. We are gonna go trick-or-treating." He said with a smile on his face. 

I chuckled and looked at Eddie and we both couldn't help but smile.

"Can you come with us Val?" Christopher asked me.

I was still looking at Eddie.

"I think that's a great idea buddy. What about you Val?" Eddie asked me. I had to agree to go because not only was it too hard to say no to those adorable boys, but I wanted to go. Plus I didn't have any other plans that night except for watching a couple movies with Montgomery so there was no other point to staying in.