E i g h t e e n

Cracks, shattering and loud booms reverberated throughout the stone walls of the castle.

The surroundings were eerie quiet as the King went on his rampage, no one daring to step out of their dens and risk running into the violent man.

Although the beady eyes of servants, cooks and maids still watched the Vampire King. Shaky hands clutched the material of their uniforms as they racked their minds for who the man was looking for and what could've possibly made him so irate.

The folk also shook in fear of what would happen to this person. The metallic taste of blood taunted their senses, as if it was warning them of what was to come.

"Where is she?!"

Loud footsteps pounded against the stairs as Cepheus made his way up to the east wing, where higher ranked Vampires resided.

The King snarled at the sight of the plush carpeting that lined the floors, the bright red colour and luxurious display reminded him of all the pleasantries he allowed his people to have. And how they've betrayed him.

Enraged, he knocked over a golden vase; it wasn't even filled with flowers or serving its purpose. It was merely there to serve as a display of wealth, power. It was hand crafted and made completely from pure gold. Maybe these luxuries had made them forget their place.

With a slam, Cepheus opened the door to Raphael's room, knowing that he would be hiding his mate in there.

"Cepheus—"

"Where the fuck is she?"

The King grabbed his friend by the front of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. His fangs had dropped to hover just above his chin and his eyes were liquid pools of vermillion, viscous and opaque.

But still, with a deathly grip and a stare that reflected just how sinister his thoughts were in that moment, Raphael held his ground.

"You know I can't tell you that." He spoke in a steady tone; it was low and calm, the complete opposite of how the raging vampire was presenting.

"Raphael—"

"You're going to have to kill me and you know it."

Cepheus flared his nostrils and stared at the man for a moment.

Raphael appeared cool and collected; his face was stoic, not an ounce of worry or fear broke through his mask.

But his body showed otherwise.

The plump, bloody muscle that supplied his body with blood was erratic.

It beat against his chest like and raced like a wild boar, only intensifying as Cepheus' lips twitched up in a smirk.

He knew.

"I won't have to kill you my friend." The King whispered.

His hand flashed out and in an instant, Raphael's elbow was bent so far back that a snap sounded in the room.

"I'll just have to hurt you a little."

The younger man cried out, not expecting the sudden pain. He buckled over when Cepheus proceeded to knee him in the stomach, a choked breath escaping him.