T h r e e

"My King." A low voice called.

Cepheus took a long sip from his goblin.

"What is it."

Raphael licked at his lips as his eyes flickered to the bleeding body on the floor adjacent to the vampire.

"You missed the council meeting." He continued as he entered the room with slow steps.

"And?" The king questioned, seeing no issue in his absence.

Raphael glanced down at the body again to see that it was one of the whores that worked at the brothel. The boy had young features with blonde hair and green eyes.

"This is why you couldn't be bothered to make an attendance? Too busy with your dick up his ass I assume." Raphael spoke calmly but there was a certain disapproving edge to his tone.

Cepheus tipped back the remains of what was left in the goblin and threw it behind him carelessly.

Raphael shifted his head to the right, the item barely missing him.

"Don't be so juvenile." Raphael hissed at his friend's tantrum.

"I can be whatever the fuck I want because I am King." He said mockingly, stepping over the limp body without thought.

"Meaning that I don't have to attend those frivolous meetings if I care not to and I can sure as hell fuck anything that walks if I feel for it."

Raphael didn't even flinch as his friend carried on with his antics.

"You didn't have to kill him then my King. What pleasure did that bring you?" Raphael questioned as his foot rolled the boy onto his back.

"I was hungry." Cepheus mumbled, swiping at the corner of his lip with his tongue as if there was something there. "And you know I prefer my drinks straight from the tap." He gave with a smirk.

Raphael rolled his eyes and went to sit on the edge of the table that was sat in front of the fireplace.

"What's wrong."

Cepheus' smirk faltered at his friend's tone. What had given him the impression that anything was the matter?

"Stop it. I am not entertaining your incessant need to be my shrink." He spat, running a frustrated hand through his already messy hair.

"Answer the question Cepheus. If you don't you will regret it later."

"And why is that?"

"People have noticed you going off the rails recently. I've known you long enough to see you get your shit together but they haven't. You need to calm down."

"I can't." Cepheus snapped, his nails lengthening and his eyes blazing red in rage.

"I won't. And I don't need the likes of you telling me to either."

"Just let me self-destruct in piece." He ended bitterly.

"Don't say such things." His friend chastised with a frown.

Cepheus didn't respond. His head was turned towards the open window and he seemed entranced by something.

He felt an invisible force pulling at a string in the center of his chest. The feeling calmed him slightly but also brought along fear, anxiety and distress. It was strange how he was feeling similar emotions, yet he knew that these were not his own.

He stared out, unblinking and Raphael stepped closer in concern.

"What is it?"

The vampire didn't respond. Instead, his nostrils flared and he neared the window, his fingers twitching.