S i x

"Take a seat over here." Isobel instructed. "I don't usually work in the kitchen but the King was very adamant about limiting the amount of interactions you had with others in the castle."

"You must be really special." She murmured to herself.

Bay hopped on the stool and swung his legs as his eyes examined the "kitchen."

This is where meals are prepared apparently but he found it strange that vampire's incorporated this room considering their blood based diet. Maybe they could eat other food as well.

Bay had grown up solely eating fish from his river. It wasn't a complicated task, so seeing these intricate machines and contraptions was making him worried about what he was about to be served. Despite his concerns, he didn't want to be rude by voicing his thoughts. Having Isobel start over seemed rather selfish so he opted to stay quiet for now.

"Are there usually people making food in here. What is it that you eat?"

Isobel peered over her shoulder with a smile before continuing her task. She seemed to be cutting something up with a knife.

"The kitchen is almost always busy, seeing that the councilmen meet so often. Other residents of the castle need to be fed as well so it keeps the cooks occupied."

"As for what we eat it depends really. Vampires need blood to survive but we can easily eat other food if we want. The taste is pleasant but it has no actual benefits to our being. Are nymphs the same in that way?"

Isobel turned around with a platter of what seemed like an assortment of raw fish. It was diced up nicely and Bay had never seen it look more appealing.
He blushed; Why had he been so worried?

"I'm not sure if I can stomach food outside of my usual diet. Thank you Isobel this looks amazing."

Immediately he helped himself and hummed at the taste. He could tell that the fish was fresh, definitely caught this morning.

"Cepheus said he liked living alone, but you mentioned that a lot of people live here?"

"His quarters are strictly off limits. You must be given permission from His majesty himself to even walk up the stairs. Besides that, most of the castle is easily accessible."

He gave a closed mouth smile when a glass of water was placed in front of him. His cheeks were stuffed from all the food.

It didn't take him long to finish, after which he downed 7 more cups of water.

"Are you sure you don't need another?"

Bay shook his head with reddened cheeks. Truly, he could keep going but it was a bit embarrassing drinking so much in front of her.

Isobel could tell that the increased hydration benefited the nymph greatly. His skin took on a more glow-y tone and his eyes shone as a brighter, almost reflective silver.

"Alright, are you ready to go back to your room?"

Bay frowned at her words. Hadn't she said that they would go to see Cepheus?

"I thought you were taking me to see the King?"

Isobel's smile turned strained although she nodded nonetheless.

"Yes, of course. My apologies sir, my memory is quite short."

Bay grinned and hopped off the stool, quickening his pace to follow the girl who's steps were rather rushed.