Twenty-Three

Bay couldn't help himself as he looked over his shoulder every chance he got, while his mate basically dragged him through the forest line and away from his family and friends.

"S-Shouldn't we wait for Zane and Blaise? We can't just leave them."

He spoke as more and more distance was put between them and the falls with every one of Cepheus' elongated strides.

"They'll be fine. I'm sure they're fucking as we speak."

"Cepheus!" Bay exclaimed in mortification at the crude remark.

The vampire chuckled at his mate's innocence and pulled him even closer to his side, not being able to get enough of him even as they were only apart for the day.

"It's okay baby, you're not too far from receiving the same treatment."

His remark pulled another surprised squeal from the nymph and had the smaller boy escaping the vampire's hold to run away from further embarrassment.

Bay panted as his feet moved quickly beneath him, and he didn't dare turn back to see if the vampire was chasing him. His heart pumped wildly in his chest, increasingly so as he realized that he had just ran away from his mate—his vampire mate who could quite literally fly and run at the speed of light.

And, knowing this, it was obvious that Cepheus was letting him escape—or at least think that he was. Bay giggled at the thought, and lifted his arms in the air, extending them to feel the air slip between his fingers and slap against his skin as he continued to breeze through the greenery.

It wasn't long before the nymph grew tired; running truly wasn't his strength. Once he was completely spent, he decided to collapse on the grassy floor, his limbs sprawled out beneath him, and his face held towards the sky. Although his brows furrowed, and a small pout found its way on his lips as the baby blue that he was enjoying was suddenly blocked by a shadow-y darkness.

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

Bay yelped and sat up, his heart dropping to his stomach as he turned his head to see that his mate had been standing right behind him and was responsible for the overcast that was obstructing his view.

The boy remained speechless, his mouth opening and closing as he stared up at the vampire who held a raised brow as he waited for a response.

With an amused breath, Cepheus bent down slightly and reached his hand out so that he could caress the boy's pink tinted cheeks before it drifted lower to lightly rest against the expanse of his delicate neck.

"Perhaps I should put you on a leash to keep you close. A collar would certainly suit you; don't you think?"

"U-Um, I-I don't..." Bay trailed off as he struggled to focus as Cepheus changed the position of his hand so that he was now holding the boy's chin between his thumb and forefinger. He tilted the boy's head and hummed as if he was truly envisioning how he would look with the accessory.

"Stand up."

At the command, Bay scrambled to pick himself off the floor. He stood in front of Cepheus, his head lowered, as he couldn't gauge if the vampire was mad at him or not.

"I-I'm sorry for running off..." Bay offered an apology just in case his mate was indeed upset, and he was about to be reprimanded.

Although he was caught off guard when he was abruptly turned around so that his back was pressed against his mate's chest and a large palm was placed on his ass.

In the middle of the forest, Cepheus pulled down the boy's shorts and pushed him to bend over slightly. A pleased hum sounded over the quietness of their surroundings followed by a high-pitched whine from the nymph as the vampire prodded at the round object that was still neatly placed in his ass.