E l e v e n

Bay stirred at the sound of a door closing, his sore limbs lazily gliding across the satin sheets of the bed.

He groaned when a hand cupped his cheek, the cool touch luring him out of his peaceful state.

"I brought some food for you."

Bay mumbled into the sheets at his words, not quite convinced that fully waking up was worth eating yet.

Cepheus pulled the nymph from under the sheets, gripping his underarms as he positioned him to lean against his chest.

"You need to eat blue."

After a moment of silence, Bay felt something soft and flavourful press against his lips. He opened one eye to see that a delectable cut of fish was being held by his mate. He huffed and closed his eye again, refusing.

"If you eat everything I have for you here, you'll get a surprise."

The promise of a surprise had Bay immediately alert. His eyes flashed open and his mouth was already accepting the juicy fish.

"A surprise?" He questioned after swallowing the first piece.

Cepheus hummed in reply and fed the boy another serving.

"What is it?"

The vampire smiled at the nymph's eagerness, his eyes wide and expectant of him. Unfortunately he would not be answering that question.

"Telling you wouldn't make it much of a surprise, now would it?"

Bay huffed at his mate's bemused expression and chewed the fish in frustration. It didn't take long for him to finish what was left on the plate, seeing that Cepheus was right in assuming that he would be rather hungry.

A blush painted his bluish skin pink as he recalled why he was particularly famished. Not only had he missed breakfast but his mate's lewd behaviour had tired him out beyond belief.

"Go get dressed and come back here when you're done. Don't be too long."

Bay's eyes flickered with excitement, his mate's instructions indicating that this surprise might include going out somewhere. His mate must know how much he loved to explore. It was how they were able to meet after all.

The boy hopped off the bed and sped to the bathroom to get ready. He opened the closet and as usual, he was quite intimidated by the selection.

He didn't know where they were going exactly, so he opted for something safe. He pulled out a pair of denim shorts that stretched to cover the front of his chest and had straps that would go over his shoulders. He recalled Cepheus calling them overalls one time.

He grabbed a simple white cotton shirt to wear underneath the garment but then hesitated as he was about to leave.

There was a drawer that he's never opened before and he drifted closer to it, his curiosity getting the best of him. Granted, everything in the closet was his, so it wasn't like he was getting into something he shouldn't, but why had he never noticed this drawer before?

His small fingers opened the compartment and his eyes widened at his find.

Pretty, silky looking undergarments were neatly stacked on top of one another. A rainbow assortment of colours were staring back at him and he reached out to pull a baby blue one that was sitting on top.

It was soft and vibrant, a stark contrast to the underwear that Cepheus wore. Did the vampire want him to wear these?

Bay bit his lip in thought but decided to throw the underwear on before he changed his mind. It was too pretty not to wear—his mate had good taste.