T w e n t y

"My Prince, please get down from there, we need to finish picking out the tablecloth for the ceremony—we haven't even selected the appropriate length!"

Bay ignored the older woman, a pout set on his lips as he sat atop the window ledge. It was several feet off the ground and was without a glass pane, leaving the event planner, who was left in charge of his care, moments away from a heart attack.

"I'm tired." He whined was a disgruntled huff. He had been running around the castle all day, listing off patterns, colours and other silly details that he really couldn't find himself to care for.

Yes, Cepheus had told him to be patient while they went through the traditional arrangements for the crowning ceremony but the nymph just couldn't wrap his head around the importance of a spring bunny napkin fold!

"We're nearly done with this selection sire, then we can move on to the centrepieces; don't you like flowers? I'm sure there will be an extensive range for you to choose from."

Bay slumped against the stoned wall, one of his legs dangling over the open ledge where a number of guards stood many stories below. He couldn't be bothered to care about peonies and carnations, even though they did remind him of the water lilies back home.

"But I don't wanna—"

"Bay"

As if struck by lightning, the nymph was suddenly sat ramrod straight at the sound of a familiar deep voice. The boy peered down and blinked at his mate's displeased expression: arms crossed, brows furrowed and a slight frown to his chiselled face; the older woman simply appeared relieved that he'd arrived.

"What are you doing up there? You're going to hurt yourself."

"I—"

"Get down. Now."

Bay pouted at the stern tone but the soft expression quickly set into a worrisome frown as he finally took in just how high he was—this certainly wasn't one of his brightest ideas.

"B-but I can't" He felt faint as the reality of his situation started to set in. Why hadn't he taken this into consideration when he climbed up the stone wall? His "supervisor" had left for the bathroom for only a few minutes and out of pure boredom and a bit of mischief, he decided to find out if he could make it to the top.

Cepheus sighed from below, it was a release of mild frustration to stop him from thinking too hard about the fact that his beloved was perched on a high ledge, that entire image reading the exact opposite of safe.

And an even bigger contributor to the vampire's stress, the boy had started crying.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't want to be u-up here anymore. I-I'll pick a napkin, I p-promise." Bay hiccuped and squeezed his eyes shut as he could no longer bear to see how far away from the ground he was.

The vampire's heart squeezed as he saw his mate become upset, but he pushed that to the side so he could focus on comforting the boy. Getting to him wasn't really an issue, but that knowledge didn't provide him with any more comfort.

"Baby blue, hey, look at me." A sniffle sounded and the nymph shook his head in refusal; the King sighed, knowing that he was too overwhelmed to listen.

"Okay" Cepheus mumbled to himself as he proceeded to unclasp the cufflinks from his black dress shirt. Walking over to the long table that was in the center of the room, he began unbuttoning his shirt which earned some flustered stuttering from the older woman that still remained in the room.

"M-my King, may I ask what it is you're doing?" She stumbled after him as he removed his shirt and folded it neatly on the table next to the silver pieces.