T w e n t y - O n e

A/N:

Hey guys! Wow, it's been a while. I've been swept up with my other works so I put Cepheus on the back burner, but I'm going to try to be more consistent with these updates. Right now, Avernus is my main priority, but if I have time, I'll try to update Cepheus as much as I can. There are only a few chapters left of this book so I'm hoping I can finish it in the next few months.

I suggest re-reading the book from the beginning if you don't remember where we left off. Sorry again for the wait!

~illiteratehomebody xoxo

~

Bay stood at the edge of the tree line; his cheeks were flushed as his tiny hands gripped the crème white envelopes that held the carefully crafted invitations.

Cepheus and his entourage had left him moments ago, but not before reminding him of certain expectations...

"What are you going to do while you're there, baby boy?"

"G-give them the invitations."

Cepheus hummed in what seemed to be approval, his eyes lighting in slight mischief as the nymph stumbled over his words.

"And what else?"

The vampire inquired as his hand ghosted over the boy's bare chest and danced over the material of his shorts to cup his bum.

"U-um.... I-I don't...I'm not sure—"

"Behave."

Cepheus leaned down to whisper the syllables into the boy's ear. But not without giving a light press to his filled hole, causing the nymph to gasp and stumble into the vampire's chest at the sensation.

Bay shivered as he recalled the events that happened only moments ago, and he was thankful that no one had been close enough to witness the exchange.

Shuffling forward a bit, he finally started to approach the falls. He wasn't sure why he became so nervous all of a sudden; after all, this used to be his home, and these people were—are his family.

But as the rush of water filled his ears, suddenly, all his nerves had dissipated into nothing. Instead, excitement was its replacement.

A wide grin set on his face, accentuating the soft blue tones of his skin and brightening his grey eyes. He almost teared up as he turned the corner and was faced with his own kind. Water nymphs filled the river that fed into the falls, all of them smiling and laughing as they played in the warm pools.

Others were lying in the grass, only allowing their feet to get wet, but none strayed too far from the river; it seemed like only he dared to do so.

"Is that Bay?"

"What? Where?"

Loud whispers replaced the previous serenity and heads started to turn in the boy's direction. Bay flushed under their wandering gazes and his eyes desperately searched for familiar faces that would make him feel like less of an outsider.

He didn't have to wait long, as he was suddenly tackled by a warm body that he knew all too well.

"Bay!" Maeve squealed as she squeezed him tightly.

"Hi" The boy giggled while returning the embrace.

"What are you doing here? How long are you staying? Where's the King—"

"Easy there Mae, let him breathe a bit, yeah?" A lower voice chuckled.

"Sole!"

It was Bay who was screaming this time, his lithe frame wrapping around the more muscular nymph.