Part 27: Godparents

"Oh god of course you'd ruin this" you groan as he walks in "That's no way to talk to me Y/n I'm you're father" "You stopped being my father along time ago so cut the bullshit" you snap "Fine Harry wanted to see his friends which is why I'm here to drop him off" Harry comes in limping from his previous bite from Nagini. "He's still recovering but the worst is over." Sirius says "Also Remus and Tonks will be attending dinner. I'd love to join you all, only if I'm welcomed" he looks over to Mr and Mrs. Weasley "Only if Y/n is okay with it" everyone turns to you "Okay fine.. I suppose he can stay"

Later that night Remus and Tonks show up with Teddy. Their recently born son just a few months younger than Jasper. Tonk pulls you aside away from everyone "Y/n so Remus and I got to talking.. and we need a Godmother and Godfather and who better than you and Bill. You and Bill would be great and I know it's probably a lot of pressure with you just having your own child, but if I ask Ron or Hermione or anyone else they are just so young.." "Of course we will. I'll have to talk to Bill but there's no way he would decline! I'm glad you thought of us" she hugs you. "Also.. uhm have you heard from Draco? I heard he disappeared and you weren't able to get the divorce" "Yeah well.. I haven't heard from him, he did help save Harry's life though, but I think he feels ashamed and before I panic about the whole divorce thing I'm going to give him sometime. After all we've all been through hell" you reply and she nods in agreement "Now, where is that little boy of yours!" She exclaims and you lead her to his playpen.

At dinner everyone was talkative, everyone seemed more cheerful ever since George's letter came. It was a miracle, from the other side George was still able to bring the family back together. "So Y/n are you and Bill going to get yourselves a new place when you two get married?" Remus asks and Bill shoots him a look "Well actually I have a place. My aunt Bellatrix and Draco had gotten it for me before the wedding and he said Bill and I could keep it." You reply. "Really? How come we haven't gone to see it? Maybe Draco is hiding there" Bill says "I didn't want to make it a big deal with everything going on" you reply "Well I think it will be a great opportunity for the both of you. Not to mention to see if Draco is there" Remus adds "Maybe we can go tomorrow then" you try cutting the conversation short.

As the night goes on Remus, Tonks and Teddy were about to head home. Sirius was asleep on the couch and you had already put Jasper to sleep. "Hey bill can we talk?" You ask and he nods as you both step outside "So Tonks asked if-" "we would be the Godparents?" He finishes you sentence "How did you know?" "Surprisingly Remus asked me, I told him I'd talk to you and I'm assuming you said yes to Tonks which is most definitely fine with me" he kisses your cheek and you tell Remus and Tonks your final answer

After they went home everyone went up to their rooms for the first time in forever they were happy and able to sleep. "I'll be right up I'm just going to check on Ginny." You whisper to Bill. You quietly peek in her room to see her asleep still clutching George's jersey.

The next morning everything was like it should and you and Bill were off to your house you had received. You both walk in and see tons of luggage "Draco?" You call out and he peeks from the staircase "Y/n I'm sorry I know I should be out and- I have the papers-" he says quickly "Draco slow down what's the rush? Well the divorce papers I understand but why are you leaving?" "He's back, some how I really don't know but he's back and he sent men to kill Andromeda's daughter? I don't know who that is but he said he's sending you all a warning." All of a sudden it hits you "Wait isn't that-" "Tonks mother. So that means he went after them. We have to go!" He grabs your hand and pulls you out.

You make it to Lupin and Tonks house quietly sneaking in through the back. You hear screaming and things being thrown, spells being casted. You rush upstairs hiding behind one of the walls when a flash of green light flashes and Tonks screaming was gone. Another flash and Lupins still body laid right by your feet. You gasp in shock as Bill quickly covers your mouth as you sob. "Do we kill the child?" A voice says "Are you crazy? Last time Voldemort tried to kill a child, the mothers love got in the way. We don't know might happen. If we're lucky no one will find the child and he will pass on his own" another voice adds as they quickly disappear into the sky. "N-no.." you run to the now crying baby, who was now alone..