chapter 3

Katniss POV.

I lay and stare at the ceiling still thinking about all the terror of a growing thing in my stomach "what about if it gets taken away what about if they wonder why me and peeta get nightmares or flashbacks?" The questions roam around in my head over and over again even though the war is done I still worry.

After about an hour I fall assleep and when I awake I hear peeta making breakfast downstairs.

"Goodmorniggg" I say as I wrap my arms around him he mix ups some cake batter.

He gives me a light peck and then says "as you know the bakery was destroyed in the quarter quell.." he trails off and looks at the ground "well it was re-built and now I'm going to be heading out their today." I hug him tightly "that's so amazing peeta I'm so glad your bakery got re-built!"  He grins and then kisses me again "this time I am manager and not my mom.." he looks down at his shoes and I can tell hes uncomfortable.

"Well that's great!" He walks past me into the entrance hall with a big grin plastered on his face.
The puppy that we got as a present that still is nameless trailing behind him.
"What should we name her?" Peeta asks I look at the puppy and pause for a moment.

"She looks like a poppy so I think we hsould name her poppy"
Peeta looks at poppy and nods "great name katniss!" Peeta puts on his boots and jacket and starts walking out the door "I love you" he says as he opens the door "I love you too!" He walks out the door and and look down at poppy.
"What are gonna do while peeta is out today?"
He barks and I realise oh yeah I'm talking to a dog. I look towards the clock "10:16 that leaves 2 hours until lunch where I was gonna suprise peeta by going to the bakery to have lunch with him.
I think of what I could do and I end up deciding to hang out with the other 'Victors' they all moved to district 12 after the war because praticly all their districts were burned and covered in ash and no houses survived os they just ended up all coming here. I first knock on finnick and Annie's house wich is actully my old house.
I am greeted by finnick and jordon.
"Hello their girl on fire"
"Hello their sea boy"
Jordon claps his hands together and finnick turns towards him. "So what did you come here for katniss?"
"I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over I was gonna invite the rest fo you guys too" finnick just smiles and then looks to jordon "how does that sound sugar cube?" Jordon laughs.
"Wheres Annie?" I ask
"Shes upstairs making some sort of dress she likes ot make dresses now" I nod and finnick runs up the stairs to get annie he comes back to the front door with annie "alright ready to go" annie nods and they walk over to my house while I go get the rest of the people.

I knock on jhoanna next and she then asks me if she could bring a freind of hers from district 7 that's currently living with her I nod and say "sure a freind of yours is always welcome here" she nods and then folows me to my house and I walk over to haymitch and effie house they insisted on living together since they were 'very close freinds' but I dont belive that for a second they are dating for sure.
I knock on their door and I hear a loud groan and I'm guessing that's from haymitch
"Sweetheart!"
I smile and he calls out to effie, effie does her signature run to the front door and se eher in a normal outfit for once shes not wearing a wig wich reveals her natural blonde hair but shes still wearing crazy clothes but no makeup.

"Woah effie you look...diffrent"
"Oui I do"
"So what do you want" haymitch says "I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over?"

"Shure sweetheart wouldnt miss it for the world" I then bring them in and greet everyone.

Jhoanna comes over too me and whispers "I have some special news and a suprise I was wondering if you could tell everyone that I need to tell everyone" she says I nod and she goes to sit down with her freind. 
I walk towards the living room where everyone is seated and I take a seat on the floor where everyone is.

"So jhoanna apparently has some news and suprise for all of you!" I say and jhoanna takes a deep breath and says it.

"Well obviously I brought my freind over to district 12 and we are living together currently right now oh wait shit I forgot to introduce you to her!" She pauses and points to her
"This is kiah!"
Okay so heres the news.
She gulps and everyone starts to stare at her and kiah.

"Me and kiah"
"Are dating!"
We all look towards them and everyone cheers "ooh congratulations jhoanna" effie says "congrats to both of you!" Finnick and annie say haymitch sits their and winks at jhoanna.
I then say "congrats jhonna I'm so happy for you two!"
Jhoanna and kiah thank them all and everyone sits in a comfortable silence "oh my gosh look at the time its 12 I was gonna bring peeta over for lunch right now me and him also have special news so you all can put on some T.V or eat something peeta baked from yesterday and I'll be right back."

They all nod and I put on my boots and jacket and head out the door and start to walk over to the bakery.

I open the door and peeta has his back turned.
"Hi their what can I get for you today?" He says still with his back turned.
"Can I get one peeta mellark please?" "What-" he mumbles and then turns around.

"Katniss!" He then walks over to me and kisses me.
"Thought you were some random fan girl obsessing over me."
"No just your wife."

He chuckles and walks over to me "so peeta..were going to have to tell them today" "tell them what?" He then realises "oh. Yeah we should do that katniss!" I nod and he takes off his apron.
We walk back to Victor's village and head into our house.
We see them watching a wrestling match and finnick yelling "COME ON"
Everyone turns our heads to us and then they urdge us to sit down. Annie pauses the T.V and finnick starts to mumble under his breath "they were so close to winning" annie rolls her eyes at him playfully and I laugh. 
"So what's the news brainless" jhoanna says.
"Well.." peeta trails off and looks too me.

"I'm pregnant!"
And that is when chaos starts.

____________________________________

A/N:
Yes I know I said I wouldnt update this weekend but I did anyways because why not.
ALSO 7 READS!!! I WAS FREAKING OUT WHEN I SAW THAT NUMBER!! Also tell me some good middle names in the comments for a boy or a girl (I will be using Suzanne Collins names for the children aka willow and rye but I need some middle names! I already ahve one in mind wich is rue) also if anybody is wondering you pronounce kiah like (key-ah) and jhoanna and kiah might get married in maybe a few chapters??
Anyways dont forget to comment and vote!

-Theo<3