~Chapter 12~

TW!!: before you read this chapter if you dealt with a bad experience with cutting in your life I would please please highly inform you not to read this chapter it includes a cutting portion of it please do not read if you dont want to thank you! (Btw it's only a sentence in this chapter where it says it but the next chapter it kinda goes into more of well I cant tell you)  -Theo

Peetas POV.

Katniss and I got home from the hospital a couple days ago and it's already turned into a catastrophe.

Willow doesnt sleep at night at all and rye wont eat.
Katniss is really stressed out all the time.
I usually make breakfast for me and katniss while katniss trys to rock willow to sleep and feed rye.
I go into the cabinet of the kitchen and pull out some ingredients.
I'm only making scrambled eggs and toast but I feel the need of it to be perfect.
The group is coming over soon to apperntly bring presents for the kids and play with them.
Cressida and pollux moved too district 12 in Victor's village about a month ago and now their part of the group as well.

I hear a knock at the door and go to welcome them in.
"Hey cressida!" I say pulling her into a hug. Pollux right behind her waves and they head inside. Katniss lays willow and rye down in their carriers and cressida and pollux sit down on the couch.
10 minutes pass and the whole 'gang' is inside.

Effie squeals as usual and stands up.

Haymitch rolls his eyes and she just slaps him with a book.
"Me and haymitch have some exciting news" effie says, she gestures haymitch to get up and he does so.
"Me and haymitch are getting married!" Willow and rye start screaming for some reason and katniss walks over to comfort them.
The rest of us just sit their not knowing what to say.
"Knew it" finnick says smirking annie pulls his ear down to try and say something like "shut up" or whatever but since I'm not finnick I have no idea what their saying.

"I cant wait" I say after the silence.
Effie sits back down and I stand up to bring out the breakfast that I forgot about.

"Aw shit" I say after pulling out the burnt eggs.
"PEETA LAUNGUAGE" katniss screams I hear finnick laughing and I cant help but laugh myself.
But I also rember we have kids who are only a few days old they dont understand.

"Looks like were going to have basic cereal kat" I say looking down at the eggs. I put them in the compost bin and pull out the cereal box.

"Katniss sing for us!" Finnick urges.
"Comon just sing" jhoanna yells.
"Katniss you did it for all of panem why dont you just do it now" cressida says.
The group argues as I bring out the cereal.
"Fine but your only hearing it once and after that if you speak about it you'll be done for."
They all nod without hesitation.

"I'll sing an old one that I'm pretty sure you all know"
I sit beside katniss and she looks at me.
I know exactly what shes singing.

"Deep in the meadow

Under the willow

A bed of grass

A soft green pillow

Lay down your head

And close your eyes

And when they open

The sun will rise

Here it's safe, and here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet,

and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you."

I see the tears forming in her eyes as she finishes and everyone claps.
"That was buetiful" jhoanna says.
Willow and rye look up as quiet as a mouse looking curiously.
"Oh yeah the presents!" Kiah says.
Poppy comes running out and starts to play with rye. "Be gentle with him" I say.
"Heres the first present for willow" jhoanna says.
Katniss opens the box, it floral wrapping with a gold ribbon on it.

"Oh my god it is so adorble!" Katniss says.

It's some brown overalls with tiny mary Jane's and pink t-shirt and as she was saying it was adorble.

"This Is for rye" haymitch says.
I take the box and open it up.
Oh my god haymitch.

It's a white t-shirt with big black letters saying.

"You cant mess with me I'm the child of katniss and peeta mellark"
I laugh and katniss rolls her eyes.
"Theirs more sizes so when hes older he can wear it" haymitch says.
"Omg I love it" I say I put it to the side and open more presents.
"This one is from us" annie says jordon runs over to poppy and starts to play.
Katniss opens the box and praticly screams over it.
"OMG I LOVE IT" katniss says.
I turn my head to see what it is.
It's a ocean blue dress with gold edged on the end (classic finnick) and a tiny pink bow to match with the dress.
"Its so adorble where did you guys get it?" I ask.
"Well." Finnick says.
He covers Annie's ears and I can tell hes going to be talking about the games or the rebellion.
"We got the dress when the rebellion was happening and annie was pregnant with jordon we thought he was gonna be a girl so our freind from district 4 Zara, who was a dress maker made us the dress and well since we didnt need it anymore we thought you guys might like it for willow" he says uncovering Annie's ears.
Pollux signs to me saying it's his and cressidas present next.
The present is something I cant even put to words it's just so buetiful.
"Pollux..this is amazing" I say he smiles and cressida smiles back.
It's a mini suit that is adorble and honestly amazing.
I sit their in awe and thank them.
I put the clothes to the side and sit their for a few seconds.
"So are we going to have a fashion show or-" cressida says.
I grab willow and katniss grabs rye and we bring them into their bedrooms to change them.
I imeadltly put willow in the blue dress and a pink bow (that I should say is a headband) and bring her out. Katniss has rye in black leggings and the t-shirt haymitch got him.
Katniss and I 'make' willow and rye walk down the living room symbolizing the run way.
We quickly change them and I change willow into her pink t-shirt overalls and mary Jane's.
Katniss dresses rye in his suit. And we have willow and rye strut down the runway.
I wish I could pause this moment and live in it forever.
I just rember a year ago the rebellion was still happening and I was struggling.
Katniss was struggling.
I always feel bad for katniss she had to watch her sister die in front of her and her best freind.
And so much more.
But yet she acts like I'm the broken one.
Yeah I might be broken a little bit I mean my family is all dead and I was tortured and hijacked by the captiol but that's really it.
By the time I'm done thinking everyone has left and katniss has gone hunting.

That's when I make the last cut.

A/N:
um so I'm very VERY sorry for not updating in like a week and 1 day ok u guys really wanted it but I had no ideas and motivation until today lolz anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and until tommrow I will be updating like I usually do!

And as I always say

Dont forget to comment and vote!✨

-Theo<3