~chapter 10~

-3 months later-

Katniss POV.

Today was the 5 month scan too see what Sex the baby's are and I was not ready.
Peeta has to work at the bakery so haymitch and effie agreed to take me to the hospital.
The bad part is that I have to wake up at 4 am for the scan. And currently it is 4 am. I get out of bed and find a note beside the bed from peeta.

Katniss,
Sorry I couldnt make it to the scan but I did leave some cheese buns put for you on the way their.

-peeta

My mouth praticly waters over the thought of cheese buns.
I put down the note and walk over to the closet and find a blue sweater and some black leggings I decide that will do and I start to put them on.
I walk downstairs and I find effie and haymitch already their waiting for me.
"katniss, my darling we have to go now!" Effie squeals with delight.
Haymitch just let's out a snarl and walks over to the car.
Effie has to drive because haymitch is not sober and I cant drive while being pregnant.

----

When we get to the hospital haymitch walks me through the doors and into a small room where manu is.

"Katniss!" She says in her usual bubbly tone I smile and sit down on the bed provided.
"Okay so you know the procedure just lift up your shirt and I'll put the gel on" I do as she says and she puts on the gel and takes out her tool.

She wiggles around the tool on my stomach and after about 5 minutes she finds out the sex.
"So the one on the left right here" she points to the baby on the left.
"That is a girl" I smile and haymitch smiles "sweetheart two" he says and chuckling to himself.
"And the baby on the right is a.."
"Boy!" I look down and thank manu
I get off of the bed and walk out of the hospital with haymitch and effie.
"I'm gonna get her so many dresses and bows and skirts and wigs and shirts and makeup!" Effie rants "Oh yeah um so me and peeta were thinking and talking about how if you guys wanted to be the grandparents of the children?" I say, Effie and haymitches faces light up.
"Of course we would!" Effie and haymitch say in unison. I nod and head back to the car.
Effie drives me to the bakery so I can tell peeta about the baby's.
When I walk in I dont see peeta but I see somebody that I thought I would never see.

Delly Cartwright.
"Oh my gosh hi katniss!" Delly says I smile and wave "delly oh my gosh what are you doing here.?"
She looks down at my belly.
"Well I came to district 1 after the war and then today I came back to district 12 too see peeta and I'm guessing hes in the bakery." I nod.
"Um katniss are you pregnant?" She asks "Actully yes I am- with twins"
"Who's the father? Is it gale?"
"NO!- oh yeah you dont know.." i say "know what?" She asks i look down "gale died after he killed prim.."
"HE KILLED PRIM?" She says shocked.
"Yeah.. he did I never loved him anyways." She smiles.
"So who's the father than?" She asks again.
"Peeta" I say.
"Are you two married?"
"Yes we are"
"I always knew you two would get married I rember when he was five he would always tell me about you and how pretty you were and how you had such a pretty voice." She says I look down and I'm blushing.
Just moments after I look down peeta comes in through the door leading to the entry.
"Oh hey kat Wait delly?" She smiles
"Hey peeta!" She says.
Peeta runs up into dellys arms.
"Its so nice to see you again!" Peeta says. Delly pulls away "you too!"
"Well me and katniss better get going but it was really nice to see you again delly!" He says she smiles and waves goodbye to us.
I walk out the door with peeta and he immediately asks.
"So what's the baby's genders?"
"We have a girl and a boy on the way."
"We better get to decorating their rooms soon" I nod and take peetas hand as we walk back to Victor's village.
"So what's for lunch?" I ask.
"Lamb stew"

______________________________________

A/N:

MY GOSH PEOPLES WE HAVE 74 READS!!! AAAAA also dellys in the story now aye anyways my lovelys I was thinking about calling yall something so I think I'm going to be calling yall lovelys so uh yeah anyways I hoped yall liked this chapter
dont forget to comment and vote!✨

-Theo<3