~Chapter 15~

Peeta's POV.

When katniss goes to bed the gang comes out and we all start giggling.
Tommrow or rather today is Katniss's birthday and we are throwing her a suprise party and we also invited her mom.
I know she's scared to see her mom but she also told me she wants to see her. So we invited her but shes not coming until later on. We all start decorating the cake and we all set out the presents on the table for when she comes out.
Katniss's mother is coming to celebrate and yes I know shes scared of her reaction to marrying me and having children, but she also told me That she wants to see her. So were meeting her by the house when we get their.
When morning arises everyone grabs the presents and puts them in the car and we all drive to the house from the train station.
"Did you forget that it's my birthday?" Katniss asks. I dont respond and it's really hurting me that I cant.
Everyone is getting their before us and I'm supposed to distract katniss by going shopping with her. Wich is one of her birthday presents from me.
"Do you wanna go shopping?" I ask her she nods her head and I start driving towards "Shells" wich is sort of dress shop.
When we arrive everyone stares at us problbly because were pretty famous and now that we have kids...Everyone stares.
A Pale yellow dress that reminds me of the first interview we had. The dress is longer though and has more of a shine too it.
She imdeatly asks if she could wear it today and I said okay. Willow and rye like to touch everything and I keep rocking them too stop but they wont so when I pay for the dress we get out of their.

Finnick: were all set up for it so we should have a signal when we should jump out.

Pollux: yeah I think that's a good idea.

Effie: it should be mahogany!

Peeta: sure effie itll be mahogany.

*****

When we arrive to the house everyone is hiding so I say kinda loud "okay katniss why dont you get changed in your dress and I'll just be downstairs." She nods and runs up the stairs.
"Okay guys shell be down any moment I'll just hide and be the lookout." Everyone nods and I hide behind the couch. I hear katniss come down the stairs "peeta?" She says looking scared Katniss's mother is on the end so shell see her last. Katniss's mother has no idea were together even married, she think willow and rye are annie and finnicks kids along with jordon. "Peeta, are you their? Peeta?" I start to want to help her but I cant. "3..2..." I whisper "1.." we all stand up and her back is turned so she cant see us "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" we all scream. Even katniss screams and I've never seen her flinch so hard. We all have presents in our hands for her
Katniss looks at everybody and gives a large smile but that smile soon fades when she sees her mother.
"Mom?" She says
Katniss's mom smiles slightly at her. Katniss looks at her and looks back at me. With tears in her eyes she embraces into a hug with her mom.

"So are we going to open presents or what?" Jhoanna asks. Everyone chuckles. We all sit down on the floor and katniss opens each present one by one. It was mostly just clothes and hunting gear. Katniss looks at her mom when the gifts are done being unwrapped and mouths something to her. I cant quite make it out what shes says but I see Katniss's mother nod and walk towards katniss to a room.

Katniss POV.

Me and my mother walk to an empty room and I look at her and she looks at me. "So.." she says. I hesitate to tell her. "You know willow and rye?" I say looking at my feet. "Yeah of course I do" she says with a confused look. "Their me and peetas.." I pause "kids" I blurt out my mother stares at me with her mouth open wide. She hides it with her hand. "Me and peeta have been married for a while now." She looks at me and then looks down. "Katniss look, I'm sorry I blocked you for your childhood and I'm guessing that's why you didn't invite me or tell me that you were getting married." I look that wall behind her trying not to look at her face. "I don't accept your apolgy" I say she looks into my eyes. "I understand" she says. "Hows gale is he still your hunting partner?" She asks me. "Gale?.." I say frowning. "Mom gale died a while ago." She looks at me with a confused look. I walk towards the door to leave but my mother pulls my arm witch jolts me back to the room. "Katniss.." she says. "Save it" I say walking walking towards my bedroom. I look over to my right and see a picture of me and prim. I clutch it in my arms and sob quietly.
I look inside my dresser and my eyes narrow to my phone I open it up and see that my mother sent me a messge:

Mom: katniss I'm glad you got married to peeta

I look at the phone and wonder about if I should reply or not.

Me: thank you mom.

I walk back down the stairs and see everyone waiting for me still and peeta is holding a 3 teird cake with the words
"Happy birthday katniss"
Imprinted on it with yellow frosting annie and johanna are holding sparklers while effie is grunting in the back about sparkler safety I sit down at the table and everyone starts singing happy birthday to me. I put on a smile and when its time to blow a wish.

"I wish for-" I say outload annie screams "KATNISS YOU CANT SAY IT OUTLOUD OR ELSE IT WONT COME TRUE" I laugh and say it inside my head.
I wish for great next few years
I blow out the candles and everyone claps.
The rest of the party is mostly dancing and finnick doing some very terrible karaoke.
I smile to myself slightly and I hope that wish does come true.

___________________________________

SORRY IVE BEEN INACTIVE FOR LIKE FOREVER
Anyways so it's my birthday today (well tencicly it's august 11th so really ig today>:) ) so this chapter was really short because it's a filler Ig SORRY SORRY anyways I'll be posting like regularly:)
Dont forget to comment and vote!✨
-theo<3