~chapter 9~

(A/N: as I said in the last chapter this is going back to the hospital incident and the interveiw and stuff)

Peetas POV.

I wake up and see katniss and haymitch at the end of the bed.
"You finnally woke up break boy" I try to hold my laughter but it escapes I pretend to hate that nickname but it kinda makes me laugh.

"Peeta are you ready for the interview?" Katniss asks
Oh shit.
I forgot the interview was today.
Yesterday I came back from the hospital and we are in a hotel in the captiol that ceaser provided us.

"I'll leave while you both get changed in your outfits that katniss prep team left for you both." Haymitch says.

I look inot the closet and I see that I have a black tux and katniss has a light pink flowy dress for the interview.
I quickly grab the tux and start to undress and put it on.
I walk into the bathroom and see some sort of gel and start combing my hair.

Katniss comes in and my jaw drops.
She is absolutely buetiful.
She catches me staring and jokingly runs out.
She takes out her signature braid and let's out down all wavy.
She walks back into the bathroom and I ask her "you ready to go?" She nods and I grab her hand.
We walk out of the hotel and I hold her hand protectively since I'm afraid the captiol bombarding her.
And yes the captiol people bombard her like I thought they would but I gently wrap myself around her too keep her away from them because I know she does not like people.

We walk into a building of where ceasers show is aired and I lead katniss into it.

"Names" a body gaurd asks us not looking up from his paper.

"Katniss and peeta mellark"
He looks up from his paper and starts obsessing over us I push katniss lightly and walk into the room where we wait.

"Today I have some very very special guests with us today.."
Ceaser says smiling brightly.
"So if those two people could come in right now please welcome the..."
Me and katniss wave the crowd and everyone starts screaming
"The star crossed lovers from district 12"
I hate that name so much it isnt star crossed well kindve it is but seriously though.
A couple people faint from seeing us I grip katniss's hand as we sit down onto the couch.

"So katniss and peeta how are you both doing?" Ceaser asks us
I start talking because katniss turns her head to me indicating for me to talk.

"Well it's pretty good me and katniss have twins on the way as you apperntly found out.." ceaser almost screams he whispers into me and katniss ear.
"I made that up to get viewers I didnt know that was actully true.." he smiles and then katniss looks up to the ceiling.
"Any names in mind for your children?" Ceaser asks, katniss looks at me once again.
"Well we arent going ot tell you the first names because that's a suprise but we could tell you one of the middle names" I say ceaser then bursts with excitement.
"Well tell us then!"
I sit up straighter and before I could say katniss cuts me off.
"For a girl we were thinking rue."
Her voice cracks at the last part "sorry i didnt catch the name could you say it louder for me?" Ceaser asks.

"Rue" katniss says her voice cracking again I stroke her palm and I can tell shes going to cry.

"Oh..after the tribute or well your freind from district 11.." ceaser asks katniss nods.

"Well let's hope shes looking down from above proud of you for winning for her."
Katniss nods and she has tears in her eyes.

"Well that's it for the star crossed lovers from district 12 my folks!" Ceaser bows down and me and katniss wave to the crowd.

-----

When we get back from the hotel room Katniss plops down on the bed beside me and starts crying.

"Ssh it's okay katniss its okay" I rock her back and forth trying to calm her down and her crys turn into hiccups.

"You should get some sleep its pretty late kat"

"Okay" she says laying down.
I cuddle up next to her holding her tightly protecting her from any harm.
"Now dont go on by choking me" she says I laugh and put my head into her hair playing with it whenever I can.
Her breaths become slower and she starts snoring that's when I know shes assleep.
I fall assleep next to her and kiss her forehead.

"I love you so much katniss"
I know I wont get a reply back but I already know her awnser she loves me.

Crush.
Tribute.
Ally.
Lover.
Fiancè.
Mutt.
Wife.

I look at the list on my notebook and cross off Mutt.

But I put on instead of mutt "mother"
"Goodnight katniss" I whisper and fall assleep dreading the nightmares to come.

______________________________________

A/N:

Hey ok i said i wouldnt update this again today but APRIL FOOLS YO jk it's not april fools but for real this time I won't be updating again today.
Sorry I just have so many ideas for this story that I'm gonna be updating constantly and Ik yall like it BECAUSE I HAVE 59 READS WHATT!!!!!!!! THATS CRAZY TYSM!!!!!
Anyways as I say always.
Dont forget to comment and vote✨

-Theo<3