Chapter 17~

Peetas POV. 

I wake up as I do everday and start making breakfast not anything unuasul. I turn on the stove and start getting to work. i hear tiny little footsteps coming from down the hallway and see willow appear in her light pink Pjs. "Hi daddy" she says rubbing er eyes and sitting down i see rye behind her playing with some sort of stick. they both sit down and wait for me to finish making breakfast. once i finish i hand them both a sack of pancakes drizzled in maple syrup and strawberries they grab their forks and start digging in. I give a big grin and turn behind me seeing katniss in her hunting jacket,boots and bow. "going hunting?" I ask her she nods and with that she slings her game bag over her shoulder and kisses me goodbye.

~little time skip~

Katniss's POV. 

im out the door in a flash and start heading for the woods. luckily I dont have to worry about the fence anymore so i just start heading to the little cabin in the woods also known as me and gales old hunting spot. 

I get my bow out as soon as i see a deer and i do some hunting magic and the doe is mine.

"what are you going to do with a hundred pound deer with you catnip?" I jerk my head back at the sound. the sight im staring at. the one who has been haunting my dreams since my sweet sister prims death.

im staring into the grey eyes of gale Hawthorne.

"gale?" I say angrily, he gives a stupid smirk and pulls my waist into him. I immediately push away not wanting his filthy hands on me.  he pouts like I did something wrong. "Catnip are you still angry for what happened over 20 years ago?" he asks. "Of course I am gale you killed my sister and moved away to district 2 when I needed you the most!" he chuckles and i raise my eyebrows at him "ive been in the games twice gale and have started a rebellion if you think i couldn't put this arrow through you're head right now you're in a deep hole" he looks up at me surprised. "catnip didn't you have a mental breakdown at every point in the games and when you started the rebellion you barley did anything" i slap him right across the face. "Gale Hawthorne if you ever speak to me look at me or go near me one more fucking time I will kill you just as fast as i did with  President Alma coin" he laughs and walks away with his hands in the air. i curse at him under my breath and head back to victors village with the doe swung over my shoulder. 

i open the door and dont find peeta anywhere. 

"shit i forgot hes working at the bakery today" I blurt out. 

i walk over to haymitchs house remembering to knock and say im coming in hen he doesn't answer. i find him assleep with him trusty knife in hand i find my dedicated pot of water that jhoanna calls "Haymitchs alarm clock made by katniss everdeen girl on fire" i pour it on haymitchs head and he growns thrashing his knife around per usual. "What do you want fire girl?" he asks me pushing his hair back out of his face. i grab a liquor bottle out of his cabinet and start chugging it falling onto the floor breaking he bottle with my hand. he laughs to himself and grabs another bottle pouring me a glass and himself one. we dont talk just sipping the alcohol until most of the bottles of haymitchs are empty. 

  I stagger to me and peetas house and drag myself up the stairs while plopping myself on the bed. buttercup stays by my side.

Willows POV.

when i arrive to school the classes drags on and on until one class which is history.

my teacher Mr longe says their will be a person talking to us about something called the hunger games. i stay confused wondering hat he talking about. i think. maybe its a competition for eating food? i see a shadow walking through the door but i somewhat reconise him from pictures my mom and dad had shown me but I dont think i had ever met him. "Hello grade 3s my name is Mr. Hawthrone and im going to each you guys about some things in district 12s past!" the class bursts into growns and some cheers but mainly growns.

~time skip~

after school and me and rye were chatting about a book we were reading together but before we could finish we saw our dad talking to Mr. hawthrone outside the front porch. we run to him and see buttercup cuddled into our mothers arms  while shes in a rocking chair on our porch. "Hi daddy! are you talking to mr hawthrone?" I ask my dad he looks at rye whos just staring at his feet and then back at me. "Hey kids why dont you go in side okay?" we both obey and go into the living room. "Hey rye you know how Mr. hawthrone told us about the 74th Hunger games?" rye nods and I continue. "well he said they have tapes of it do you wanna watch it?" rye looks up at me with a worried expression on his face. "But doesnt it have a lot of blood?" he asks shakily. :i mean yes but we could skip those parts" I say turning on the T.V 

anothher time skip lol cause im too lazy to write the hunger games's story line

no ones POV.

*willow and rye had just finished watching the 74th games* 

they both sat their unable to say anything not even wanting to say anything. they were shocked by their parents being in something so. 

horrifying.

none of them spoke for about 10 minutes until rye broke the silence "so that why we live in a place called victors village and people come up to mom and dad saying thank you!" rye says willow think back to all these things and realizes he is right. 

"so mom and dad are murderers?" willow says 

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N holy shit my gosh did this chapter take a long time to write for it being not that long ive been planning on writing this chapter since the first chapter was published because i had a dream about it.

im gonna be posting way more frequently now now that school stuff has calmed down also im sorry about the clifhanger in this chapter i was kinda overworking myself trying to finish this chapter lmao so i kinda wanted to leave you guys wanting more (i dont know why that sounded wrong but it did i am very sorry) 

AnYwAyS 

as i always say

dont forget to comment and vote!~

-theo