~Chapter 5~

Katniss POV.

-2 months later-

I'm 2 months in my pregnancy and I already am so big I dont know why, annie told me everyone is diffrent during their pregnancy but I still feel a little bit worried.

I wake up from my slumber and turn over to my side to see peeta still assleep with a crooked smile.
I kiss his hand lightly and I see him stir and gently flutter his eyes open.
"Hey their kat" he says.
I smile and roll of the bed.
"Cheese buns now" I demand he looks over the bed and remembers I'm pregnant.

"Okay boss everdeen"
"Boss mellark" I correct him he just looks at me and giggles.
"We have an appointment with Dr. Aurelius to check up on the baby and see if its healthy and doing well" peeta says I look to him and roll my eyes.
"Ughh" I groan he looks at me and I laugh.
"Well we better get their or were going to be late and today is a big big day" peeta says in effie Capitol accent I throw a pillow at him "go away effie"

"Kat seriously though" he pleads taking the pillow off of him.

I throw on my faviourte green shirt and some baggy Jean's with doc martens.
Peeta grabs me by the waist and he walks me down the stairs.

"You know I don't need help I'm only 2 months pregnant"
"Well that child of ours is huge!" I chuckle and he helps me down the stairs, I put on my father's hunting jacket that I dont actully use unless I'm hunting.
Peeta puts on his jacket and shoes and by then we are out the door.
We walk into peetas car and I'm taken in by the fresh smell of pine needles "I put in a pine tree airfreshner because well be in the car for awhile and i know it reminds you of the woods" peeta says turning to me "thanks peeta"  he smiles and the starts the car.
I fall assleep quickly and am awoken by peeta taping me aggressively on the shoulder.
"Katniss it's time to go inside" I look over to the hospital peeping out from behind him.
He leads me inside the door and I hold his hand very tightly not knowing what is behind every corner.
The walls scare me and the wind blowing in smells like hand sanitizer Reminding me of how much I hate hospitals.
Peeta recognizes this and reassures me its going to be okay.
"Katniss mellark" peeta says to a nurse.
She has dark brown hair that is in box braids her eyes are a sparkling hazel with gold eyeliner on her eyelids. Reminds me of cinna.

She greets us and directs us towards a room.
"Dr. Aurelius will be with you shortly I'm nurse Manu I'll be helping you with your baby alongside Dr. Aurelius"
"Thank you so much manu it was nice to meet you too!" Peeta says.
Not long after manu leaves Dr. Aurelius comes in.
"Hello their katniss!" He says in a bubbly voice he looks over to peeta then back to me.
"So today we will be checking your baby's health and how far along you are and all that fun stuff" I nod and manu comes in.
"Manu will be doing the ultrasound while I jot everything down and test everything" I nod again not really understanding what he meant but I go along with it anyways.
"Alright katniss I'll need you to lift up your shirt while i put this gal to see your baby" I do as manu says and she puts a cold liquid on my stomach

"Alright let's see this baby!"

She grabs a tool to use to see the baby and starts moving it around in diffrent spots to see if it's all good and what not.
She then jolts back and Instantly grip peeta tighter.
"What's wrong?" I ask nervously

"Mrs katniss mellark"
"Yes?" I say
"It looks like your.." she trails off

"Your carrying twins."

______________________________________

A/N:
Omg I updated 3 times in a day! Sorry I got a whole bunch of people asking me to update but UM WHAT AAAAAAAAAAAAA currently as I'm writing this the book has 20 reads WHAT WHAT OMG AAAA I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH sorry for making this chapter short but I think rewarded yall with 3 updates in one day and I will be updating tommorow too so yall are getting spoiled!
Dont forget to comment and vote!✨

-Theo<3