Chapter 11: Unexpected

-Techno K-

I found myself perched in Techno A's favored chair within her office, an unexpected responsibility thrust upon me while she attended to matters with the human named Lane.

'Techno A and that human...' My thoughts wandered, trailing into forbidden territories. 'Kissing...'

The image continued to plague me, like an insistent adware that persisted despite my efforts to dismiss it. The concept of two females, one a Microspark and the other a human, locked in an intimate embrace was unfamiliar, a border-crossing that defied the norm.

'This is ridiculous,' I inwardly groaned, rubbing my temples as if that could erase the troubling image. 'Techno A's choices are her own, and I should move past this obsession.'

Turning my attention to the task at hand, I began to sift through Techno A's meticulously organized paperwork. Her handwriting was precise, each stroke resembling the work of a typewriter, impressively precise and uniform. I smoothed out the crumpled pages and delved into their contents.

Association of Technology, 1830.

The first functional Computer, conceived by the mathematician Charles Babbage, marked a pivotal moment. Initially designed to aid the government in population calculations, the Computer evolved into a tool that epitomized human advancement. Babbage's term 'Technology' encapsulated the essence of simplifying human effort.

His ambitious Automated Computing Machine (ACM) introduced a convoluted system of numbers and equations, a complexity that presented considerable challenges.

In his final days, Babbage assigned his son, Henry, the task of completing the microspark-a crucial element of the ACM that was left unfinished.

Two years after Charles Babbage's demise, in 1840, Henry succeeded in completing the microspark. Coupled with his innovative creations-the CPU (the brain) and the Motherboard (the heart)-he achieved a functional Automated Computing Machine. The term 'Computer' was coined to describe this amalgamation.

The Computer, while housing the CPU and Motherboard externally, also hosted the first two microsparks, a pivotal beginning in Tech-Verse. These microsparks were programmed to facilitate the function of Technology.

"Microsparks are akin to the 'population' within Tech-Verse," Techno A explained. "They are like humans in their actions, but they lack humanity. When powered, they manifest as the sparkling specks seen on certain parts of Computers."

"The inner world of Technology remains an enigma, obscured by the veiled presence of Microsparks."

As my eyes traveled down the third page, I stumbled upon Techno A's personal message scrawled at the top, the ink different from the previous paragraphs.

'The initial three pages feature a human-authored article, albeit lacking the depth I seek to understand Tech-Verse,' Techno A's message conveyed. 'As the daughter of the first Microspark, Mother Computer, I am entitled to unearth her history.'

Continuing, the following paragraphs were inscribed in Techno A's black ink, though its hue had faded with the passage of time.

'Curious,' I mused, comparing the worn state of the following pages with the pristine condition of the initial three. 'Techno A must have intentionally arranged these in chronological order, emphasizing the human perspective.'