Chapter 2: Light and Darkness

"Techno A..."

The voice echoed in my mind, yanking me out of my slumber. I bolted upright, disoriented, in a room cloaked in darkness. A faint light dangled overhead, casting an eerie glow that barely touched the surroundings. Alone in this obsidian void, the walls seemed to inch closer, suffocating me.

Then, like a tide crashing over me, the memory of Cyber A's onslaught on the Tech-Verse surged into my consciousness. The horror replayed in my mind, an unending loop of devastation. Was this a mere figment of my imagination, or did it herald an impending catastrophe?

Attempting to shift my legs, a chilling revelation gripped me-I was paralyzed, my limbs frozen in place. Casting my gaze downward, a pile of twigs and boards encased my lower body, ensnaring me like a trap.

Amidst this nightmare, a faint cyan-neon silhouette drew my gaze. Blinking, I watched it draw nearer, coalescing into the form of Cyber A. Her mask bore the scars of battles fought, emanating an eerie black glow.

"Techno A," she called, her voice familiar yet laced with malevolence.

"Technoooooo A," her mocking chant reverberated.

Struggling to break free, the trap held firm. A searing agony seeped through, and acrid smoke filled the air. Flames danced beneath me, their heat consuming my lower body, a molten embrace.

Summoning my powers, desperation in every fiber, I aimed to escape. Alas, paralysis held me captive, defenseless against the raging inferno.

Gasping for air, my lungs straining, I witnessed an axe gripped by Cyber A. The weapon swung, crashing down with a resonating thud, the ground quaking.

In the midst of escalating flames, my screams merged with the torment, a symphony of agony.

"How does it feel?" Cyber A's voice emerged from behind her mask.

I retorted, my anger a defiant fire, "Do you really need to ask?"

She shrugged, mockingly polite. "Manners, my dear. I simply inquired."

Yet, no civility could be expected from her.

The pain surged, a tidal wave of anguish and impotence.

"Time's slipping away," she drawled, a snap of her fingers kindling the flames.

In an instant, they soared, my protests a desperate cry, "NO!"

Vain cries. The inferno consumed me. Legs melting into nothingness. The agony, searing and unyielding. A slow, deliberate execution orchestrated by Cyber A's hand.

Her form receded, axe on her shoulder, a dismissive turn, a farewell that never was.

"Usual uselessness," she spat, darkness claiming me as I succumbed to unconsciousness.

Awakening, familiar surroundings greeted my blurry vision. The Testing Room. A table adorned in white, tools and serums, a heart monitor humming above a printer. Relief washed over me-the dream, though starkly real, was a fabrication. Yet, the flashback, the memory of past horrors, it clung like a persistent stain.

Sighing, I acknowledged the day's significance-it was my pressure test. Fogginess clouded my thoughts, the nightmare's remnants refusing to dissipate. It felt authentic-the flames, the pain, the malevolence of Cyber A. Could it be more than a dream? A portent of the trials yet to unfold?