Chapter 18: Farewell

"Lilianne, Isabel, Alice, and Denise, your incredible skills have led to this momentous success in thwarting this dreadful epidemic for a century," I declared, placing my hand over my core. "From the very depths of our cores, I thank you."

The humans responded with genuine smiles, their satisfaction palpable.

"Now, as for you, Cyber A," I turned my attention to the Malware, "You shall be confined to the same space where countless other hopeless Malwares reside."

Two Technos swiftly restrained Cyber A, effortlessly securing her in handcuffs.

"Given your notorious history of inflicting severe damage and preying on Microsparks," I stepped closer to Cyber A, "you will receive a treatment... unique in its severity."

Cyber A's response was silence, accompanied by her unsettling glare.

Once the Malware was taken away, each of the four Technos turned toward one of the humans. We advanced toward them, gently placing our palms on the sides of their heads, conveying our final message.

"Lane, my gratitude to you," I whispered.

She chuckled softly, nodding in acknowledgement.

"Do you still remember our kiss back in the Power Room?" I murmured to Lane, making sure the others couldn't hear. Her cheeks flushed, a vivid display of embarrassment.

"Yeah, I remember..." she stammered, her voice carrying a hint of bashfulness. "Why do you ask?"

"That kiss," I explained, "is the source of the heightened strength in your Power Mode. The intensity of that kiss, the release of your deepest emotions, amplifies your power."

"Oh..." Her laughter held a mixture of surprise and amusement. "I hadn't really thought about it that way, to be honest."

"Why's that?" I teased.

"Seriously, Techno A." Lane rolled her eyes, her embarrassment still evident. "I could list a million reasons why I'd been so mad ever since I had that microchip implanted."

Our laughter filled the air, the shared moment a lighthearted exchange.

----

With our final exchange concluded, I gazed into Lane's eyes, my grip on her hands firm. "One last request, Lane. Keep the entirety of your technological experiences a secret. Share this knowledge with no one."

"Of course," Lane replied, her tone resolute.

"Remember, divulging this information would bring consequences," I continued.

"Trust me, no one would believe me even if I did spill the beans." Lane's assurance was unwavering. "And hey, how about we stay in touch through social media? Chat every now and then?"

"Why not?" I smiled. "Even though I don't exist in your human world, we can still communicate."

"Then," I pressed my left palm against the side of her head, "this marks our first and final meeting."

Lane's gaze turned somber, a hint of sadness in her eyes. "Yeah."

I smiled at her, then glanced to the side. The other humans and Technos were bidding their farewells, a sense of finality in the air. With a surge of power, I channeled my energy through Lane's head.

"Farewell."

----

-Lane-

I sensed a strange sensation in my head. My vision faded to black...

And the final image before darkness took over was Techno A's face, her parting words lingering:

"Farewell."

When I finally regained consciousness, I found myself still reclining in the dentist's chair.

'Unbelievable... it actually happened,' I mused, 'That whole technological marvel is no joke...'

My eyes blinked into focus, revealing a hand with warm, brown tones extended towards me—must be Isabel's, I thought.

"Hey, Lane," a voice chimed in, "you might want to consider getting up now."

Yep, unmistakably Isabel by my side.

"We managed to sleep our way into five in the afternoon, damn it."

I let out an audible groan as I grasped Isabel's proffered hand. "What about Alice and Denise?"

"They've already headed home," she replied, pulling me upright from the chair, "bolted out of here and couldn't hang around much longer, all thanks to your 'slowpoke' routine."

"Good grief, sorry for consistently waking up in that fashion, you pain in the ass."

Before I could fully find my footing on the floor, Isabel playfully pushed me back into the chair.

"Oh, come on."

----

These incredible moments, the unforgettable adventure, and the groundbreaking discovery we'd made... Yet, this discovery was destined to remain hidden from the world. None would ever know, except for the four of us.

Hold on, Techno A. Isabel and I were just heading to a nearby diner for an early dinner. And afterwards, a chat is in order.