I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 23

~~~~~Knox's POV Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed to the stairs and saw Hazel closing the front door.

I all but ran down the stairs. I was slightly angry that she made me as worried as I am but seeing her I am just thankful that she got here and wasn't kidnapped or left.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked anxiously. I wanted to know why she was so late.

"I told you this morning that I was going to see my parents. Why are you so riled up?" She asked with one of her eye brows raised.

"You realize that you got here ten minutes after two? I told you 2 o'clock!" I said. I know that I should have just let it go after she told me but I just wanted to keep talking to her. It seemed like the only time that she'd talk to me was when I was angry about something.

"Are you kidding me? I'm only ten minutes late and you're getting angry at me? And who are you to say when I get here?" She said. Her face in a scowl of annoyance.

"I'm your mate!" I yelled without thinking.

"No you're not Knox. You rejected me. Now since I had to be here at exactly 2 for, I assume, the meeting with my protectors and you, can you please take me to the meeting room?"

I felt a pain in my chest when she said that I wasn't her mate. I know that I rejected her, but I just wanted to move on from that, and for her to just forgive me. But I know that it won't be that easy.

"Fine" I said turning around, unable to look at her. I had forgotten about the meeting today.

I guess I would have to apologize. Then at least she can see that I do care. I have to start somewhere, right?

"I'm sorry Hazel." My voice caught in my throat making my words sound like a whisper.

After a moment I heard her voice from behind me. "For what?"

"For rejecting you. Being a jerk." I said. I looked back at her to see her reaction.

We made eye contact and I just stared at her fierce green eyes.

She didn't reply by the time we made it to the meeting room so I just opened the door for her and followed her in. Trying not to look at her perfect butt with all my strength, it was difficult.

She immediately went to Archer and I tried not to growl, because at this point we weren't even friends and I had to show her that I could be her friend, but when she kissed him, a growl came unintentionally from my jealous self and they turned toward me.

"There is a chair for you." I nodded my head toward the chair, trying to make it seem like I was just trying to get their attention to tell her that. I don't think it worked.

I went on to tell them about our enemy pack and what their duties were, blah blah blah.

Having Hazel looking at me was driving me insane, I just wanted to snatch her up and run away.

I excused them as quickly as I could.

Once they all left, of course Archer holding Hazel's hand, I slammed my hand on the table.

I can't stand dumbass Archer being with Hazel. He didn't even deserve her!

I would show her how much I changed no matter what I had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

If you like my story please Vote/Share/Fave/And Comment please!