I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Landon and I got to the pack house at around 6:30 and I was dreaming of jumping into my warm bed and sleeping until the afternoon tomorrow. I parked Knox's car in the garage and Landon and I entered the pack house, the smell of chicken overcoming our sense of smell.

"I guess Steve is cooking dinner tonight." Landon said his arm linked through mine.

"Steve Orth?" I questioned with disbelief, remembering the middle aged man that was shy and unsocial.

"Yea. About a year after you left, he finally stepped out of his shell and offered to cook a meal for the pack. Little did everyone know that he was an amazing cook!" Landon said as we walked toward the kitchen.

I shook my head in disbelief. I guess a lot has changed here since I left.

Porter was standing right by the entrance of the kitchen, leaning against the wood.

"Hey Porter" I pulled him into a hug as Landon walked off.

"Hey Hazel, where were you today?" Porter said, looking at me.

"Just visiting family and friends, I'm soo exhausted!" I made my words so very dramatic, making Porter chuckle. "What did you do today?" I said, bringing the attention to him.

"I trained, watched TV, and found my mate." Porter said nonchalantly

"YOU FOUND YOUR MATE!" I yelled jumping up and down.

"Shhh!" Porter said laughing.

"That is so exciting! Who is she?" I asked, giving him a hug out of excitement.

"Her name is Courtney and she is the most beautiful woman on Earth." Porter said with stars in his eyes, his smile up to his ears.

Courtney. Oh shit.

"You don't mean Courtney Martin, do you?" I asked, feeling my stomach drop.

"Yes, have you met her?" Porter asked looking down at me with glee.

Oh jeez. To hear anyone call Courtney the most beautiful on Earth made me want to barf.

"Hell yeah I know her! Not to be a horrible friend of anything, but she is a disgusting human being!" I said without thinking. I clamped my hands over my mouth, widening my eyes.

Porter laughed, which caught me off guard as I slowly lowered my hands. "Come on Hazel! It's been two years, people do change you know? Come with me, I will bring you to her." He grabbed onto my arm and started pulling me.

I stood my ground and made it incredibly hard for him to pull me. He looked at me with annoyed amusement.

"I don't want to go see her." I stated.

"Please Hazel. I just want you to see her, she's a kind person." He tried to reassure me.

It didn't work, but I wanted to be there for one of my best friends. I just nodded stiffly and followed him through the group of people.

I saw many familiar faces, but didn't stop to say hello.

Then I saw Courtney.

She was wearing high heels, a mini skirt, and a very tight tank top. It was the most cliché outfit that she could have picked.

I scoffed, earning a glare from Porter. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

As we got closer Porter let go of me and walked toward Courtney, who had her back to us.

He went behind her and kissed her on the cheek. A high pitched squeal came from Courtney, I just about ran away after that.

"Sweetie, I want to re-introduce you to someone." I heard him whisper.