3. "You can't leave town"

In Real Life - Hurt For Long

I look at him, anxiously waiting for him to tell me what was so crazy.

"Well...What happened?" I ask and he paces "Where's mom?"

"She went out with Jake," I tell him

"What about Anna?" he asks

"I don't know, I never saw her today"

He takes my arm, opens the door, and pulls me downstairs "Aiden, where are we going?"

"Kitchen" he answers

We get to the kitchen and he lets go of my arm "Aiden what's going on?"

"I was out last night and I saw Cam and Sarah, I got upset seeing them together, so I came home. I was pouring a drink for myself and the glass shattered in my hand" He tells me.

"How did the glass shatter?" I ask, he looks at me and points to himself "Me, I- I broke the glass. I didn't throw it or smash it on something, I closed my hand around it and it broke" I look at him as though he's crazy. Gosh, it's really getting to him.

"Aiden, how much did you drink last night?" I ask gently

"I had nothing, before I could drink anything the glass broke" I bite my finger, a bit worried about him.

He stares at me before saying "You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

"No, no, no" I walk up to him and he backs away "You do!" he screams

"Fine, I'll show you" he opens the cupboard and takes out a glass, and breaks it. He broke it! He broke it with his hand!!! I slowly step back as I see his eyes glow. Omg!! he's eyes are glowing. Crap, what do I do?

'He's your brother Farren he won't hurt you' I say to myself

Yeah but he looks like he's going to hurt me. Oh great, now I'm talking to myself. He grips the kitchen counter and tries to control his breathing, the counter starts to crack and his eyes go back to how it was and he calms down, he approaches me and I slowly step back

"Fare, I'm not going to hurt you," he says slowly, a drop of water lands on my hand and I realize I've been crying this whole time.

"What's wrong with you Aiden?" I ask him, still keeping a big distance.

"I don't know," he says clueless. My eyes grow the size of saucers "Oh my God! Are you possessed?" the words rush out of my mouth and he looks at me as though I'm insane. I pick up a apple that's on the counter and throw it at him, it lands on his head.

"Ow" he rubs his head.

"Stop throwing things at me" Maybe he is and just doesn't know about it, I look at him suspiciously "Did you join some cult?"

"Nooo!"

"Are you even my brother? what if it's someone else in his body" I run up to him and grab his face "Hello. Can you hear me!" he rips my hands off his face and blocks his ears "Ahh, don't scream, and I'm not possessed" He looks at me strangely and backs away with his hands still on his ears.

Then something comes to me and I look at him again "Are you a vampire? Wait how do you walk in the sun if you are?"

"I'm not a vampire!"

"Mmm..."

"Listen Fare. I don't know what's wrong with me, but you can't tell anyone. You can't tell mom, you can't tell Anna. I need to find out what's happening to me by myself, you need to promise me that you won't tell anyone" he tells me and I nod "Okay, I promise"