29. "Dance with me"

Isak Danielson - I am falling in love

It's been a week since we got back from Zephyr Isle and Zuko was definitely not welcomed with open arms; he prefers to remain to himself and spends most of his time in his room, Caelum and I are debating where we should put him, I don't think he'd want to train to be a warrior, and I doubt he'd want to train to guard the castle or the borders.

I've learned that kids are trained from small.

Mila and Anna have tried to talk to him, but he will only talk to me, and by talk to me, I mean that he will only answer my questions, Chris tried to strike up a conversation with him, but I could sense he was uncomfortable with Zuko being here. While Caelum and I were at Zephyr, River and Kenna returned to their pack, and Caiden returned to his, so they weren't here.

When we returned, we discovered that a pack known as White Claw had been attacked, with only a few people surviving; the survivors are being brought in today, Caelum announced that the survivors will be joining Scarlet Crown after he signed an agreement with White Claw's Alpha a few months ago and sadly Brittany was allowed out of the dungeon; she's been avoiding us, which I don't mind.

Caelum and I have been talking more, and I've found that I enjoy his company, I found myself concerned about how I look before I see him, I found myself getting butterflies every time I'm with him, picturing how good we'd be together and how perfectly we fit together, but then reality comes to hit me with a bat, that he doesn't want anything more than this, a mate, and if I don't get rid of these feelings, I might end up spending the rest of my life with someone who doesn't want as much as I want.

I look down at my untouched breakfast, Sam's waffles, which are my favorite, but I can't get myself to eat them, I pick at the food and a chuckle comes from behind me, I don't have to turn to see who it is because I already know, it's the voice and those beautiful green eyes that I see almost everywhere, that's been invading my dreams, I swear I'm going insane; I need a break, but I can't seem to get one.

"Your food is untouched, yet you're usually the one who makes me eat. Is it now my turn to make you eat?" he questions, taking a seat next to me and placing a stack of waffles on a plate "I'm just not hungry," I state simply.

He frowns "Farren, you love food, and it's been two days, you didn't eat anything yesterday" I'm not sure how he knows that but I can't be here right now so I slowly rise from my chair and my gaze falls on him, he's dressed casually in a pale blue t-shirt and grey sweatpants, his brown hair unkempt as usual, and his emerald eyes are brighter than usual.

God, he's gorgeous and he's wearing a bit of color today.

Why, oh why, did God take his time to design Caelum? He could have simply made him ugly so I wouldn't have to go through this.

"Hello, Farren," his voice knocks me out of my daze, and I realize I've been staring at "Uh, I have to go," I say hastily as I dash out the kitchen, leaving him perplexed and tripping in the process.

I sprint to the packhouse and slam Anna's door open, but she's not here, I search for her contact on my phone, click on it, and the phone rings, she picks up after a few rings and greets, "Hello,"

"Where are you?" I ask hurriedly.

"I'm at Chris's with Mila," she answers, and I hang up, I make my way to Chris's house and anxiously knock on the door "Hey Farren," Chris exclaims as the door opens.

"Hi," I say back and walk past him, I follow laughter into the lounge, where Mila and Anna are sitting across from each other, lemonade in hand but when they hear me, their heads snap towards me, Mila sets her drink down and stares at me, concerned "Fare, you all right?" she asks.