25. "Why can't you just accept me?"

Ariana Grande - One Last Time

I'm exhausted, I haven't slept at all and Caelum has been up with me all night. He seems to be sleepy and should be sleeping, but he refuses.

We searched the whole library and came up empty-handed; I can't be trapped like this. I can't stay awake at night or go from being myself to being high. I've had seven cups of coffee, but all I want to do now is close my eyes for a few minutes.

I look in the mirror and notice that bags are beginning to show. I take some foundation from my drawer and begin applying it to my face. Hopefully, it will work and I will not appear to be half-dead.

"Hey" I shift my head and see Caelum entering my room, dressed in his usual clothes. Even though he didn't sleep, he looks fantastic, while I look as though I just awoke from the dead.

I smile weakly and he looks at the make-up items on the table "You normally don't wear too much make-up," he states and I laugh "Yes," I say, "but I look horrible from the lack of sleep"

"Pack some clothing, we're going to the isle," he says, and I look at him puzzled "We haven't found the location as yet"

"Kenna did, it's with a Siren"

I get up from my seat "So we can cure me"

He nods "Yes"

When he leaves the room to pack for himself, I squeal and begin packing. I'll be cured and no longer have to deal with these moods. So, what should I bring? Is it going to be a cold or a warm place? I'll just pack for both.

I leave my stuff on my room's floor and walk to Caelum's room, which takes as long as it always does. I knock and enter when he says, "Come in."

He's walking up and down, stuffing his bag with clothing. "Can you tell me what you're doing?"

"I'm packing"

"No, you're stuffing your bag with clothes." I walk over to the bags and take the clothes out of the bags, folding them neatly and putting them in the bag "Now, isn't that better?"

He closes the bags and rolls his eyes "What time do we leave?" I ask and he replies "We leave in the afternoon"

"Ok, it's still early, so what are we going to do?" I'm sitting on his bed "I don't know, I don't have any work. What do you want to do?"

I say, "Let's watch something," and he agrees "Okay"

He sets his stuff on the floor and picks up the TV remote. He takes a seat next to me and hands me the remote as I step back until my back touches the pillow.

I look through Netflix but can't seem to find anything that interests me. I look at him "What do you wanna watch?"

"I don't spend too much time watching TV," he shrugs.

I keep scrolling until I come across TVD; I've seen it almost three times and haven't grown tired of it; I smile broadly and ask, "How about this?"

He raises a brow "You find vampires interesting?" he asks

"Well, of course. Stefan is very attractive "I sigh longingly, he snorts and I smirk "Are you jelly?" I tease him

"Why would I be jealous of a fictional vampire?"

I chuckle and press play. He starts throwing questions at me about halfway through the first episode. He yells, "They officially meet in a cemetery?"

"Yes, they meet in a cemetery"

"What the hell? I get that she misses her parents, but she's sitting in a CEMETERY!"

I touch my ear "Ow!"