20. "Don't you like me Chérie?"

Faouzia - Battle

When the song came to an end, Caelum and I went to sit down.

"My feet are killing me," I complain, and Caelum nods, "Dancing would do that."

Servers begin to appear. "Please bring me an Apple Swirvel," I say to one of the servers, who then leaves to get my drink.

He asks, "I'm sure my mother introduced you to Apple Swirvels?" I nod, "Yea, it has an interesting taste, and what about you, what did you taste?"

"Cinnamon and vanilla" he responds, his face blank as usual "That must taste interesting," I say, drinking my Apple Swirvel.

He nods "Now what do we do?" I ask him "You dance, eat and chat at a ball," he says and I agree "This is nice," I tell him

He looks confused "What?"

I motion between us "This, we're not arguing or fighting. I like it"

He doesn't say anything for a few minutes "Yea"

He turns to fully look at me "Farren" he says "Yea," I say for him to continue "I never wanted a mate and I still don't want one" my heart drops when he says that "But, we're going to be spending the rest of our lives together and we can't hate each other forever"

"Okay"

"We can try to get along" he says and my heart clenches. I want someone to love, someone to care for me, but this is better than us fighting and arguing.

"Okay, let's do that. Let's try to get along" he hums and puts his hand out to me "Deal"

I take his hand and instantly sparks run up my arm "Deal"

A voice interrupts us "Caelum!" a man in his late twenties approaches us, he looks way too familiar. A face I can never forget.

Pascal.

Caelum's expression changes from a tiny smile to anger. He suddenly gets up, knocking the chair over in the process, I rise and stand next to him, his hands clenched and his eyes scream murder.

"Pascal" Caelum spits, venom lacing his voice. He couldn't really get any angrier than he was when he was with me, I thought.

"It's nice to see you Caelum, it's been a long time," Pascal says, a smug look on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Caelum snarls "Well, my invitation to your wedding must've gotten lost in the mail, so I decided to attend the ball. All packs are welcome to attend"

"It didn't get lost in the damn mail. I never wanted you here!"

Pascal pouts mockingly at Caelum, then turns to me and smirks "Well hello, I'm Pascal" he introduces himself and kisses my hand. I snatch my hand away from him, disgusted, but I act as if I don't know who he is.

"Aw, don't you like me Chérie?" he asks in a thick French accent. Caelum pushes me behind him and I almost fall over.

"Piss off Pascal"

"Mon mauvais," Pascal frowns "I wouldn't want to steal her heart too" Just then a woman approaches us, smiling softly at Caelum. "Caelum!" she exclaims as she draws him in for an embrace. "Hey, Aunt Addie," Caelum says to the lady.

The woman looks at me "I'm sure you're Farren because I've heard so much about you. My name is Addison."

I shake her hand and say, "It's nice to meet you, Addison." She looks at Pascal "I hope you're behaving" she says sternly and Caelum scoffs. Pascal gives him a dirty look and turns to the lady, his expression changes to a playful one.