27. "I guess love hurt both of us"

Madison Beer - Blame It On Love

"Hi, do you know where I can find Sorsha?" I ask a middle-aged lady, she shakes her head "Sorry dear, but I don't know who that is?"

We've been doing this to almost every person we came across, and got nowhere "Farren are you sure you heard her right"

"I did. She told me the girl's name is Sorsha"

He puts his hands on my shoulders and leans in. "How about we get something to eat and then we can keep looking for her," he suggests, and I agree.

We go inside the little café, and the fragrance of freshly baked bread fills my nose, my stomach growls, but only Caelum hears it and laughs. A waiter walks us to a booth as my cheeks burn with embarrassment. Her gaze fixed on Caelum, not once looking at me.

"What can I get for you?" she asks, her face lit up with a sweet smile, I look at Caelum. "Chicken mayo sandwich and a coffee for me," he says after looking over the menu. He then turns to me "I want cheesecake and hot chocolate"

"And a cheesecake with hot cocoa for my wife," he says looking at her, a smile spreads on my face and the waiter's smile drops.

"Of course," she says as she takes the order and walks away. A small laugh escapes my lips. "I'm surprised you didn't yell at her," I comment.

"As much as I wanted to, I couldn't, it would've revealed our cover," he says, leaning back in his chair.

When he receives a message, he takes his phone out of his pocket "It's River. Apparently, Raphael has been gone from Night Shade since the day of the ball"

"Do you think he's okay?" I ask, he shrugs and tosses the phone across the table. I'm sure the poor phone would've been destroyed by now, given how many times he threw it, but it appears to be in perfect condition. My attention is drawn to his lock screen, I take his phone and look at the image. It's a picture of four boys and one girl, which I know as the boys and Mila. They were young, Caelum looks like he could be 10 years old.

"Aww, this is so cute," I exclaim, as he smiles and rolls his eyes.

"Raphael's in the picture?"

"Raphael and I may not get along, and I may even despise him, but he's family," he says, his eyes pained.

"Anna and I never got along, she was always with mom and Aiden and I were always with dad"

"The two of you seem close"

"Before we came to Scarlet Crown we weren't close, only recently we got close" I explain and he nods "Your parents must miss you," he says.

I look at my hands in my lap "Uh...my mom probably does"

He frowns and shifts his body to face me "I thought you were close to your dad?"

"Before he died, yes"

"Oh, sorry I didn't know. How did he die?" he questions and I wipe the stray tear that drops "He went out one day and he never came back. His tools and jacket were found by the border guards" I whisper, tears falling as I remember the day mom told us.

"Give it back, Aiden!" yelled an irate Anna at Aiden, who was fleeing with her hairbrush.

I was reading on the couch when the two of them came into the room, running around the table. It was past ten o'clock, and Dad had yet to return. He usually gets home before nine o'clock.

"Mom! Tell Aiden to give my hairbrush back" Anna wailed and mom came in the living room with a displeased look on her face "Aiden," she began, warningly, "return your sister's hairbrush"