14. "An idiot who has absolutely nothing to hide"

Ava Max - So Am I

I woke up the next morning feeling brand new like Mila said I would. What on earth was that stuff that she gave me? I have no idea, but it worked.

I woke up early and told Sam that he can have the day off, I started with breakfast. I made pancakes, bacon, eggs, avocado toast, and fresh-cut fruit.

Humming in time to So am I by Ava Max, swaying my hips and using the spatula as a microphone, before footsteps interrupt my little performance. I turn around to see Caelum, dressed in his normal suit, standing at the kitchen door. "Good Morning," I say cheerfully, with a grin and a small wave.

"Where's Sam?" he grumbles. My heart drops a bit and my smile fades a bit, it's okay. I need him to know he can trust me, I'm not giving up.

My smile is instantly back on my face "I gave him the day off, I made breakfast"

"I'm not hungry," he says, shoving his hands into his pockets. I grab his hand and electric bolts race up my arm as he turns to leave "Wait"

"Let go," he growls. We're close, so I drag him back and end up colliding with him. We were a little too close. I take a step back and give us some room.

"I made breakfast for us, so sit down"

"You forget that you can't speak to me like that" he snarls

"You know what, I'm so done with that. You have you listen to me cause I'm in charge. I'm the Alpha." I mock, showing my frustration.

"You know what I'm capable of" he backs me up against the kitchen cupboard, I scoff "What? You're gonna lock me outside again? Huh, you're gonna threaten my family?"

He leans down so that his mouth touches my ear, goosebumps spread across my neck "You really don't know me, I've been nice to you all this time, You don't know what a monster I can be" he sneers

He turns on his heel "Wait" he tilts his head "What?"

"Can I go see Caiden?" I ask

"No" He responds rudely.

After he leaves I sigh softly. There has to be something I can do, but what? I take the breakfast I made to the packhouse and leave it there, I can't waste food.

Think Farren, think.

I walk back to the castle, I see Caelum's car missing "Where's Caelum?" I ask one of the guards "He went to the city, Luna"

"Thank you"

Now, what?

Wait. His room.

I'll go look in his room, I should find something there. I run up the stairs and turn left, there it is. I stare at his room door and reach for the doorknob.

Go in Farren, you'll find what you looking for. But what am I looking for?

No Farren, he said not to.

I'm going in.

I twist the doorknob and slowly open the door, as soon as I'm in I shut the door behind me. Great, I'm in.

I look around his room, it's really dark in here, I switch the light on. Wow.

The walls are light grey, spotlights are placed on the ceiling, they are dimmed. There's a bed placed in the center with black duvets and a dark grey tasseled throw laying on the bed, a desk sits in the corner with a chair and a Mac Book resting on the desk, a few papers are scattered on the desk. The curtains are closed, no light enters the room except the light from the spotlights. On the left side of his bed, there's an entrance to a closet, and next to the closet entrance is a door which I'm assuming leads to the bathroom.