8. "Stupid Planes"

Halsey - Nightmare

Caelum's Pov

I hate flying. I hate planes. I hate heights.

I take a few deep breaths in and out, trying to control my unsteady breathing. A flight attendant walks up to me "Alpha are you okay?" she bats her eyelashes, faking concern.

"I'm fine" I manage to get out.

She places her hand on my shoulder and gets closer "Are you sure?"

My teeth grit in annoyance "I said I'm fine, now leave before I throw you out" I growl, pushing her hand off me. She scurries away, scared to be thrown off a plane and I go back to trying to control my breathing.

Caiden appears after a few minutes, he's wearing a black suit with a white shirt, complete with a blue tie, I, on the other hand, am not a fan of color, so I'm dressed entirely in black. We look alike except for our hair, which are different colors: my hair is dark brown and his is black. Caiden and I are twins.

"We should be in Northlow in half an hour," he tells me while looking at his watch and I sigh, he gives me a glass of water and I raise my brow "Drink it"

I take the glass and put it in front of me "It's water, it won't work"

"Just drink it"

I drink the water and slam the glass on the table which causes it to shatter "Was that necessary?" he asks

"I don't understand why we need to go to Northlow. If father wanted an alliance with the White Claw pack, he should've come"

"Yeah but the coronation is in few days, he wants us to be ready to rule" he tries to explain

"I hate flying and White Claw isn't a good pack" he nods "True, but they have some of the best warriors"

"We have the most powerful packs, we already have the best warriors" he sits across me "I have no clue what father's plan is, but you taking over the Kingdom, he probably thinks it'll be a good alliance for when you start"

I take over the kingdom in a few days, I don't know why it goes to me, I'm not complaining but I'm not the eldest. Raphael is, and he was furious when father said it goes to me. The scarlet Crown Kingdom goes to me, Night Shade Pack goes to Raphael, Silver Moon Pack goes to Caiden and Moon Stone Pack goes to River. Caiden and River never complained, they respected father's choice.

I get crowned in a few days, the same day my brothers take over their promised packs, I'm ready, I've always been ready. When I take over my parents will leave, they chose to travel.

The council wanted Raphael to rule, I've always been considered cold and heartless, it's who I became and it's who I am, I won't change and nobody will change me.

"We've landed," Caiden tells me, thank God.

I get up from my seat and rush out, it's so good to be on land, but it's so damn cold "Don't be so relieved, we still need to get back home" he chuckles and I scowl "Shut up"

A car waits for us, we get in, and after a while, we arrive at a hotel, Caiden goes to his room and I go to mine. I take a shower and decide I need to sleep; on that plane, I didn't get a single wink of sleep. As soon as my head hits the pillow I fall into sleep.

~~~~~~

A slamming door pulls me from my sleep, I groan "Get up, we need to meet with Alpha Brady" I glare at him and shove my head into my pillow.

I get out of bed and freshen up, I get into a suit and coat because it's damn cold outside, and meet Caiden at the car.

We arrive at the White Claw Pack, Alpha Brady and his mate stands outside, waiting for us. Who in their right mind would wait in the cold? Idiots.