24. "You smell really nice"

Ariana Grande - Into You

"I have nothing to wear!"

Mila and I are lying on Anna's bed, Mila holding a phone and me holding a book. We've been listening to Anna complain about having nothing to wear for the past twenty minutes, so I put down my book and sit up. "Anna, just pick something," I tell her, annoyed. Chris is taking her on a date and she wants to look perfect, not that he cares if she looks perfect or not, he likes her the way she is.

"I don't know what to pick" she pouts and slumps her shoulders, I look at Mila who has a bored look on her face, staring at her phone "Help me," I say and point towards Anna, she drops her phone on the bed and walks to Anna's closet, looking through a few clothes and picking out a light blue spaghetti strap satin dress that will probably reach just above her mid-thigh.

Anna analysis the dress and takes it "Yes, this is it, but what shoes do I wear?" she asks and I remember the hills she made me buy, that I never used. I prefer flats "Wait here," I say and run to the castle to grab the shoes, I make it to my room and take the 4.5-inch silver pencil heels out of my closet. I dangle it in front of me, this should go with the dress, silver rhinestones decorating the hill and the rest is plain silver.

I run back out and almost bump into Caelum "Hi! Bye!" I scream, running past him, he shoots a confused look as I run out, running back into the packhouse, and up to Anna's room. I open her door, and gasp for air, I place my hands on my thighs "Gosh...I'm so unfit" I mumble to myself and give the shoes to Anna "They should fit you," I tell her.

"Thank you Fare!" she squeals and skips to the bathroom with her clothes in her hand "Why didn't we do this twenty minutes ago" Mila chuckles and I plop on the bed "So Caelum took you to the cave?" she confirms and I nod "How did you know?" I ask.

"I heard Brittany's followers talking, they saw the two of you together, heading towards the west forest, and only Caelum goes there because of the caves" she explains "Ohh. It's so nice with Brittany gone" I say. It's been wonderful without her around. Caelum and I have been getting along and there's nobody bothering us, knowing her, she probably won't learn her lesson, and when she get's out she'll probably continue being a pain.

"Don't worry Caelum and I are here" she assures.

My mind drifts back to the cave, the way he was with me. How he held me, but we can't be with each other in that way, he doesn't want that, he doesn't want me like that.

The way he looked at me, I was in his oversized clothes and yet, he looked at me like I was the most beautiful person he's ever seen. The shocks and sparks, ugh...I miss that feeling, the closeness.

Ow! I touch my neck where the cut is, it's still there and it's burning.

"Can you tell me what you're worried about?" Mila interrupts my thoughts with her question, I shake my head with a small smile, she lifts her brow as if to say, 'really?' I'm sure she's aware that I'm lying.

Since she can hear my heartbeat, I change the subject to avoid suspicion. "What is Caelum's age?" I wonder, unsure. Strange isn't it, I'm married to him and yet, I don't know his age.

"You don't know how old Caelum is?" she exclaims, laughing and I confirm with a shake of my head "Nope" I say, popping the 'p'

"Caelum and Caiden are 220, they turn 221 in a few months time" Oh, I thought he was 23. She continues, "I'll be 217 in a few weeks," adding, "Raphael is 223 and River is 218" they're immortal?

Of course they're immortal.

"How are you celebrating your birthday?" I ask, and she scoffs. "Probably another ball," she says glumly. "That isn't what you want, is it?"